34. Nightmares

🦋

"YOU AND YOUR BROTHERS ARE COMPLETELY USELESS" he shouted.

"P-Please i-i'm sorry" cried a seven year old ace.

"SHUT UP YOU PIECE OF SHIT" he shouted as he slapped him hard.
He picked up ace's small body and threw it on the ground which was covered in sharp pieces of glass.

"AHH!"

Ace jolted awake, his forehead covered with beads of sweat.

He desperately looked here and there, the room was empty. He placed a hand on his naked chest as he breathed heavily.

"Deep breaths" he mumbled to himself but slowly his whole body started to shake. Ace's breathing become irregular. His mind screaming at him for only one person "evelyn" he whispered.

He needed her. Storms were sleeping at different rooms but ace knew him and his brothers wouldn't be able to sleep tonight and there was only one reason behind it. Their nightmares.

Ace got up from the bed but as soon as his feet touched the ground his legs gave up.
He clenched his fists and somehow got up, he walked towards the room where evelyn was still unconscious.

He slowly opened the door, room was dark. Ace saw two figures already sitting in the room. Noah and elijah. He wasn't surprised at all seeing them there.

Noah was gently running his fingers through her hair as he rest his head on the bed's headboard, elijah was sitting on the couch staring at her figure. Ace entered inside the room and closed the door behind.

Noah and elijah looked at his direction. Even in the darkness of that room the brothers could feel each others emotions. He went towards evelyn and sat beside her.

Ace's mind wanted comfort, all those dark images were playing inside him again and again.

He softly laid his head on her chest trying not to put too much pressure on her small body.

He sighed in content after breathing in her soft vanilla scent. His cold body slowly started to engulf with warmth.
He looked up at her, the sadness buried inside evelyn was getting visible to him. Ace gulped hard, his soul clenched in regret.

Elijah looked at ace, he could tell by his action, the way he was clinging to evelyn. Noah and elijah both could tell that he had those nightmares.

------

"STOP CRYING LIKE A PUSSY" he shouted and kicked a small noah on his stomach.

Noah whimpered, his body covered in bruises.

"GET UP NOW" he shouted.

Noah didn't want to face more beatings, he tried to get up. His legs covered in blood, it was paining alot.

"I-I c-can't, it h-hurts"

"Fucking idiot" he sneered and gave him another kick.

Noah's body jerked as he woke up from his nightmare. The corner of eyes were covered in tears.

He wiped his face and sighed. He looked at evelyn. Ace fell asleep fast after laying beside her.
Noah gulped and slowly laid next to her. Her presence gave them so much comfort that storms couldn't even explain it.

They knew very well that minute by minute they were getting even more attached to her and honestly it was scaring them.

Their world was so dark that they were scared, scared that this darkness will consume her.