9. Deal with the devils

🦋

Evelyn

It was almost midnight, i was laying on my bed, thousands of tears were flowing down my eyes.

Today's events played in my mind again and again. 'We will kill him in front of your eyes' their voices rang in my mind, i put my hands on my ears "stop" "STOP" i shouted and the voices faded away. I cried my heart out.

"I-I trusted t-them, i thought t-they were my friends" i whispered to. My throat was hurting from all the crying. Whenever i closed my eyes their faces came in front of me.

My mind went back to all those memories when they touched me everywhere and i never gave it a single thought, i cringed in disgust.
I started to feel tired from all the crying and slowly my eyes closed.

-----

Rays of sun fell on evelyn's sleeping figure, she groaned in irritation and placed a pillow on her face to block the sun rays but her sleep was already disturbed.

She yawned and rubbed her eyes. Suddenly yesterday's events came crashing down to her. She just wanted it to be a nightmare but when her gaze fell on the mirror she knew that was all real.
She had bloodshot eyes and had tearstained face. She just wanted to stay in her bed.

With a heavy heart she started doing her morning routine. She wore her clothes and brushed her hair. She clasped her cross chain around her neck. She stared at her reflection.

Evelyn's eyes started to water when she saw her slightly bruised cheek, she still couldn't believe that ace slapped her

She sighed and started applying makeup to hide it. She picked up her bag pack and headed downstairs.

"Good morning dad" she said kissing henry's cheek. "Good morning princess" he replied.
Martha placed their breakfast and they started eating. "Evie how's your project going" he asked.

"Project?" she asked him puzzled "yeah, for which you went to melissa's house yesterday" he said while eating his toast.

"Oh yeah t-that project, its going great" she replied looking down at her plate, tears were threatening to spill from her eyes. "That's good" he said with a smile. And with that they started conversing about other things, evelyn felt a little better.

They were still talking when henry's phone went off, evelyn continued eating her breakfast. He picked it up, it was noah.
"Hello" said henry
"Hello henry" said noah and continued "actually we wanted to meet you, so can you come to our office"

"Sure" henry replied.
"Ok good" said noah and before henry could ask further he cut the call. 'That was strange, they always inform me in advance about the work' he thpught.

He could sense that something was going on with the storms but he shrugged those thoughts off. "Lets go dad" said evelyn and he nodded.

Evelyn got out of the car "bye bye dad" she said while waving at him. "Bye" henry said with a chuckle, her innocent behaviour always made him smile.