40. Effect

🦋

Henry's phone vibrated, him and evelyn were still talking. He checked his phone "what happened" she asked "i have a meeting sweetheart" he sighed. Evelyn looked down at her watch, they were talking for hours now.

"I have to go princess" he said sadly as he caressed her cheek. Evelyn held his hand "you'll come to meet me again" she asked "of course honey" he said and hugged her tightly.

He kissed her forehead "i love you" he said, evelyn smiled sadly, she held his shoulders and kissed his cheek making henry smiled. "I love you too" she said.

Henry left, evelyn came out of the room. She saw samuel standing on the same place attentively. She walked towards him "i'm sorry, i lost the track of time and made you wait so long" she said feeling bad for him.

"No need to apologize Mrs. Storm, its my duty" he said.

Suddenly his phone rang, samuel picked it up "yes sir" he said, evelyn looked up at him knowing it must one of the storm. "Yes sir, Mrs. Storm just came out. Ok sir" he said and cut the call.

"Sirs are waiting for you" he said, she nodded and started to walk with him.

Liza and jane handed their files to claire so she can give it to storms.

"What's wrong" liza asked looking at claire's red eyes and sad face "nothing" she replied but her voice came out hoarse as if she was crying. Jane raised an eyebrow "are you sure" she asked, claire took a deep breath "yes i'm perfectly fine" she said in a monotone voice.

Liza and jane decided not to push her too much and nodded their heads.
Liza's looked at her side and did a double take "she's so beautiful" she mumbled.
Jane and claire looked at her and then followed her line of sight.

They both saw evelyn coming in their direction with one of the storm's bodyguard beside her. Claire's jaw clenched. "She literally looks like a barbie with silver hair" jane said and liza nodded.

Storms wife was literally the only topic which all the employees were talking about.

Evelyn reached close to them, she noticed those three women looking at her, she smiled towards them politely. Both women smiled widely at her while claire's face remained emotionless.

"She has such cute dimples" liza whispered to jane who nodded while smiling. Evelyn walked past them and left, claire glared at her, she scoffed "slut" she mumbled.

Jane and liza's eyes widened, their heads turned towards her direction not believing she said that for evelyn.

Claire placed a hand over her mouth, her eyes widened too, it was as if that word automatically slipped from her mouth.

"What did you say" liza asked with a surprised expression "i-i" she stuttered.

She was surprised at herself, no matter what happened claire never used such type of vicious words for anyone not even for kim.

"Corrupt" claire suddenly said "huh?" Liza asked "this file is corrupt" she said pointing towards her opened laptop. Claire tapped some buttons in her laptop "its not working" she said and then looked up at them "what happened" she asked them acting innocent.

Jane was looking at her suspiciously while liza just shrugged it off thinking she heard it wrong.

-----

Evelyn entered inside the elevator with samuel, he pressed a button and the elevator started to go up. His phone went off again "yes sir" "yes we're on our way" he said and cut the call.

"S-Samuel" she called his name hesitantly "yes mam" he said "for how long are they waiting" she asked nervously "i'm getting calls from sirs for almost an hour mam" he replied, evelyn's eyes widened. "An hour" she whispered getting scared that they might be angry at her.