63. Beg

🦋

Evelyn was staring at the ceiling, it was still dark. Ace and elijah's naked bodies were holding her tightly.

She felt a soft touch on her cheek, she turned her head and saw elijah caressing her cheek. "What happened" he asked.

She just shake her head but felt ace's hand gettig tight around her waist. She looked at his side, he was also awake.

"You're still thinking about noah" he asked. Evelyn's face fell. Their eyes softened. Elijah placed his chin on her shoulder "i know you'll make him understand" he said.

She sighed and tried to put the blanket over her face but ace stopped her "evelyn" ace called.

"Noah is the most sensible ones in between us brothers but thinking about our past and talking about it is the only thing that triggers him" he tried to explain her.

He cupped her face "i know you had good intentions but still after so many years thinking about all those things again made us really mad especially noah, give him some time" ace explained.

She nodded. "Sleep baby" elijah said and kissed her lips.
They held her close. Evelyn sighed closing her eyes.

Ace was rubbing her back slowly. After few minutes elijah checked evelyn and saw she fell asleep. He looked at ace "what do you think" he asked.
"What are you talking about" ace said "you know very vell what i'm talking about brother" he replied.

Ace stayed silent. Elijah sighed "ace i don't think noah will talk to evelyn that easily" he said. They both knew that.

"I'm sure evelyn will convince him, he can't stay away from her" ace said confidently. Elijah hummed in response.

Both the brothers were worried for noah, he was way too sensitive regarding this matter. But it wasn't even his fault, how would you react when you stumble upon that pathetic past of yours in which you got tortured and almost got sold.

Ace and elijah knew noah needed some time alone right now. Both brothers also knew that evelyn could handle him.

-----

Evelyn stirred in her sleep as she felt something on her neck and face. She opened her eyes lazily, ace and elijah were placing kisses all over her face and neck.

"Good morning baby" they cooed.

"Good morning" she mumbled. She noticed they both were dressed in their business suits. She started to get up but winced lowly, she was sore.

"You okay babygirl" ace asked almost teasingly, she glared at him.

Elijah chuckled "here sweetheart" he said passing her an advil. She took it. "We told agatha to bring your breakfast here" ace said. "Thank you" she said with a small smile, evelyn really didn't want to walk right now.

She looked up at them, elijah knew what she was thinking. "Noah is in the study room, we tried to knock on the door but he wasn't ready to let us in" he said sadly as he placed his head on her shoulder.
He was worried for his brother.

Ace also sat beside evelyn, he caressed her cheek. "After having your breakfast, can you go and talk to him..please" he almost begged.

Evelyn nodded, she would've gone to talk to him anyways.

They smiled, elijah pulled out something from his pocket and forwarded it towards her. "It's our study room's key, if he didn't open the door use it". They knew very well that when noah gets angry he becomes even more stubborn.

He probably wouldn't let her enter inside. Evelyn took the key. They kissed her cheek. "We'll be back soon" ace said as they stood up from the bed. She nodded "bye" she said waving, they chuckled and also waved "bye"