1 | 𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐰

September 9, 2012

Vidic has won.

Those are the only words that my mind screams as I watch my ancestor, Altaïr Ibn-La'Ahad get close to the glowing sphere, the so called Apple of Eden, which reveals some sort of golden map, this one revealing small, pulsating dots all around the world.

I feel how Lucy is starting to pull me out of the Animus and into the real world, but before she can shut my session, I take notice of how a dot appears out of nowhere and shines brighter than the rest, pulling my attention to it. However, before I can manipulate Altaïr's hand to touch the little orb, the antique assassin holy ground of Masyaf disappears.

"We've done it. We got the map." Comes from the older man.

"How many?." Asks a band of three men wearing suits on the other side of the two way glass.

"At least half a dozen." Answers Vidic, a satisfied tone in his voice.

"We'll dispatch teams to recollect them, we only need one after all." Was the answer.

"And the Assassin?." Here we go again...

"We have what we need, kill him." My heart quickens at his words.

Lucy's small frame steps forward as soon as she hears this.

"We might need him, his memories. I recommend holding him until we have confirmation that there are no surprises at the sites. After all, Doctor Warren, you said it yourself, we shouldn't leave anything to chance." Her soft voice flowed through the room with her suggestion, if I didn't know her true nature, I sure as shit wouldn't be here.

"Very well, ensure we have no further need of him, then kill him." Are the last words of these men before they exit the room.

Vidic turns swiftly in his heels and rushes towards Lucy, an angry scowl on his features.

"Stop undermining my authority!." He screams at her.

"I just saved your ass." She bites back, knowing that she holds truth and therefore, the upper hand.

"Let's go, we've got a lot of work to do." He begins to exit the room, but quickly turns back to me. "Don't get too comfortable, Mister Miles, we'll be back for you soon enough."

He makes haste in heading out while Lucy follows, giving me a little smile while she follows her "boss". I can't help but get a bit flustered, knowing that with her, I am and will be on good hands.

My mind goes back to the shining bright orb, it looked like it was in the middle of the ocean, but why did it not pulsate like the rest? It's like it... like it wanted to be seen?.

I shrug and place all of this in the back of my mind, paying no mind to anything other than the failed attempt of the Assassins on trying to rescue me.

The very society I left behind.