38 | 𝐡𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐜𝐡

I breathe heavily while keeping my sights on the ceiling, the back and forth of the waves not settling well on this ride. It's been a few days since I was able to leave Canada, nothing but panicked orders being barked on the Templar radio, Melanie loosing her sanity with the situation.

I can't help but think back to Otso.. has she done something to the man? Did he get demoted as was his fear? Or was he able to get away with it?..

My thoughts are interrupted by the heavy patter of boots on the metal stairs, the slender figure of one of Levara's men coming forth. The young man—possibly no older than eighteen—steps inside while holding a box and a plastic bag, fear coursing through his body.

"Uh, m—ma'am.. ca—captain said to g—ive you.. this—s?." He settles down the rectangular box, placing the bag on top and running off, not giving me a chance to say anything.

I scoff and shake my head at his reaction, getting somewhat mad that I'm still feared by many. No surprise there, it's not everyday when a god stands in front of a human. I slide over to the box—not feeling good enough to stand—and open up the lid, the content making me gasp, a sensation of feeling whole again overtaking me.

My sword.

It shines brightly as I take it in my hands, the markings glowing ever brighter. I stare in wonder as my hands start to glow as well, the markings reappearing with the energy and consequently, the human camouflage.

The olive color I had gotten used to slowly returns, prompting me to raise the edge of my shirt and hoody, the human skin and Isu markings mixing in that ever flowing way on my stomach. I can't help but take a deep breath as my bones themselves feel regenerated, the sudden need to run and fight overtaking me, the strength that was ripped from me returning ten fold.

The will and.. anger of this weapon's previous owner drowning my senses. It feels so good.. but also suffocating.

I put the long weapon on the floor once the regeneration finishes, rummaging through the bag to find the swords holster, quickly attaching it safely around my waist to place the weapon when it's safe. The bag also holds a black cape, big enough to hide my entire body and conceal my face in whole.

I take the cords and bring the cape around my shoulders, making a knot around neck and settling the shoulders in their place. I can't stand as of now to test how long it is, but the hood is big and comfortable enough to move in while hidden.

I annoyingly swipe my hair away from my face, having enough of it getting in the way, I bring my hidden blade out and swipe at one of the many thin chords holding down a pile of fabric close to me, grabbing it and making a braid and tying it down with the remnants, finishing off by putting it to the left side, covering the old burn marks from the chip. That's better.

I turn back and see a white piece of paper on the bottom of the bag, to my surprise, it's a brief letter from the Captain, handwriting being messy because of the waves.

'Forgot to hand this over on the first day, but it's now in your hands as per Mister Berg's request. I also got you a cape, use it to hide that big ass thing, it's not everyday that someone walks around the streets with a huge version of a knife.

No one will say a thing, given that all of the UK is cold as fuck this time of year, as long as you keep that thing well hidden, no one will call the cops, the asylum, or worse, Abstergo to pick up your sorry ass, again. This trip will take two and a half weeks, so settle down, it ain't gonna be smooth.

With annoyance,
Levara'

I sigh at her words, already suffering for the two week trip. I only hope it goes by fast.

Two weeks later..

I'm woken up by a shoe hitting my side, I quickly grab the leg and bring the person down, straddling them and unsheathing by blade, stopping abruptly when a ship workers face comes to view, the man covered in fear. I groan and let him go sitting up and waiting for him to explain his invasion.

"We're here. The Captain wants to speak with you." He makes a haste exit and I shake my head, trying to get rid of sleep to focus on the task.

I sigh in relief as I sheathe the sword on my left hip and cover it with the cloak, this one reaching my shins and covering enough. I finally did it. I'm out of American territory for good, now to the main city and from there I can figure out my next moves.

I place the now slim and almost empty backpack on my back, covering it as well with the cloak. I shut my eyes as the harsh rays of the sun hit my skin in weeks, temporarily leaving me blind despite the numerous amount of clouds in the area. The chatter of the crewmen swarms my ears as I come on deck, the seagulls and splashing of waves colliding in the background. I walk over to the figure of the purple headed woman, her head lolling towards me at the sound of my steps, a cheerful smile turns quickly into a grim expression of distaste.

She takes something from a table next to her, not even bothering to place the object carefully where it belongs, but rather throwing it carelessly.

"We're here, this is Alexandra Dock, in the city of Newport. In case you don't wanna get lost, you can head inside the visitor center, it's a tourist attraction so something in there should help. And here, one hundred pounds to your name, courtesy of Berg. Don't waste them, cause if you do, well.. good luck I guess." She hands me the money and I tug it all into my pocket.

She points to the direction of the visitor center and I nod in thanks, running off towards the harbor and finally leaving that forsaken method of transportation. I walk calmly towards my destination, tightening the cloak around me as a cold gust of wind rattles my bones.

I thought I was used to cold, but this is a whole level of insanity. Malàka.

I push the door and am immediately greeted by an old woman, the wrinkles on her skin giving her a gentle look alongside the half toothed smile she throws my way. She beckons me over as she places a book on the counter beside her, pausing her reading. I smile in retribution, seeing no need to be cold towards such a gentle person.

"Ma'am good.. evening? I'm sorry, I'm looking for maps. Something to help me get around." She furrows her brows at my words, but quickly laughs it off.

"Oh darling, it's morning as of now. And a map? As in not that technological nonsense you youth are carrying today?." My breath hitches at her words, but thankfully I play it off and lean forward a bit.

"I just got here and I lost track of time, and uh, I'm on a.. trip! Exploring the UK with only a paper map, no technology involved. I just haven't been able to find one on the way here." She hums and starts to rummage on the pile of boxes behind her.

"Thank God, someone that's willing to trade a screen for a piece of paper. You're a rare one, young lady. And where is your trip taking you?." I subconsciously tap on the counter, getting somewhat impatient.

"For now, London. I.. will plan my next stop once I'm there." She nods and turns around, holding a folded paper.

She opens it and two maps spring out, one of the United Kingdom in whole and one of just the roads marked. Excitement eats away at my bones at the sight. She scans the small barcode on the corner, the total coming up.

"That'll be two pounds. But since you clearly just got here, this will be on the house. Ah! And don't forget a pen, you can get lost easily. Have a nice trip and be careful, times are growing wild and the people don't stay too far from trouble." I smile as she tells me that I don't have to pay anything for the map, even better, I can save up to at least get some decent food and continue the journey.

I grab everything and thank the woman graciously, exiting the center and standing up to the side of the place. I examine the road map, remembering the name of the place I'm at and tracing the main road with the blue pen. I observe the routes and trace them carefully, making sure I end exactly in the place I want. It takes me a while, but I sigh as I finally put the pen down, the whole way being marked in blue.

Getting there will take a while on foot. I need to find a bus to bring me there, I'm this close to finding them, or at lest I hope I will.

I'm so close now, in the homestretch.