48 | 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐝

We spent probably about an hour running after we recovered from the leap from the blown up window, arriving safely towards our temporary safe house, an abandoned warehouse in the middle of the city. A handful of computers stand around the place, keeping watch on us, the Assassins around London and on our mission.

Rebecca sits on a chair next to Shaun, who run his fingers over a small cut on the back of his head, checking for blood presence. One of the drones that was able to make it out of the ordeal still in functioning order lays turned on on the table in front, a cable running towards the charging port.

"Thank God you're all right." Comes from the drone, the pair not wearing their earpieces.

"Oh, tish-tosh, it'll take more than a Templar super soldier to end the glorious saga of Shaun 'Danger' Hastings." The male remarks, giving a grin towards the drone in attempts to alleviate the tension built up by the events.

"I was talking to Rebecca." The woman sarcastically calls out, making the male huff in annoyance.

"Wha—yes, anyway. Berg's presence confirms it, the Piece of Eden is in London." I look down at my shaking hands, feeling happy but afraid of why the big man is here.

"The Initiates data sync suggest it's the Shroud." My head perks up at the mention of such an important object, slight panic now running in my head.

"Everything all right there, Deimos? That seemed to get your attention." Both turn back to look at me, expectancy and surprise in their faces.

I clear my throat and fiddle with my braid, not knowing what to do with the given attention. And also because I don't wish to look at them in the eyes.

"Out of all the Pieces, the Shroud is the most powerful to date, surpassing the Apples, Staffs and Swords." They shuffle in theirs seats.

"What does that mean exactly?." Comes from Shaun, voice strained.

"The.. Shroud was made as a breakthrough experiment.. Zeus wanted something that had a direct piece of us, unlike the other artifacts that only had our essence, so he had us all.. sacrifice—for lack of a better word—a piece of ourselves to create it. It holds the power of The Twelve and their descendants." Rebecca swears and Shaun runs a hand over his eyes, glasses being momentarily disturbed.

"That complicates everything, if it falls into Templar hands, who knows what they'll do with so much power. Now we have to be extremely careful and prudent, we're not talking about a regular Piece, it's one that has the powers of the whole first and only generation of Precursors." Comes from Bishop, her tone taking that sour turn at my admission.

"The Templars seem to want it all of the sudden though, they must know this already.. or at least some similar story.. worst of cases, they know something we don't." Rebecca turns back to Shaun when he starts running his finger over the cut again, having grabbed a bottle of alcohol and a piece of cotton to cure him.

"The only thing we know is that we can't go up against Sigma Team alone." Shaun says while preparing mentally for the disinfectant on his injured skin.

"Leave that to me, in the mean time, keep a low profile, let the Initiate sync the data." Bishop cuts the transmission as the drone suddenly turns off.

Rebecca gently dabs on the cut and he whisks away when the stinging sensation attacks his nerves. He moves his head back and she grabs him to prevent an escape, slender hand on his cheek. I turn and leave, not wanting for this excess of anger to return.

What is wrong with me? Why am I so aggressive? I was not like that in my youth, all I remember is that it started after that battle.. but no indicatives of how it even came to be.

And why am I caring for what they do? Let those two do what they please.. but why did I have to be such a fool and drown in those brown pools that hide behind a pair glasses? Why are they always responsible for enticing me?.

Funny, this just sound like the atrocities my uncle committed.. when Hades enticed Persephone with lies of wellbeing, happiness and wealth.. and all the poor woman got was a trip to Tartarus to drown in solace and heartbreak inside a hot cell, being watched like prey by Cerberus while he continued to conquer other women..

Men used to say that we were a more powerful version of Medusa..

They don't know they actually play that part very well.