3 | 𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐝

[play audio when prompted]

It's been a few hours since we arrived, the others completely shook off their tiredness once we sat down in the rented van. Lucy is driving us to the destination after a small argument broke out, the others wanted to wait until total darkness overtook the land, probably around midnight. Lucy though, she wanted to head there now and park only a few miles away to wait for the sun to finish going down and for the tourist attraction to close for the public.

Since my word was the most important, given the fact that the voice called out to me, I agreed with Lucy. Not only do we have the advantage of the full night, we also have time to escape given something goes wrong or that we are discovered by Abstergo.

So now Rebecca is sprawled on the floor on the back of the van, while Shaun clings to the walls with his legs, trying not to slip, given that this location is off-road.

We stop and hide the van behind the heavy tree foliage, a minute away from the site, the sunset basking the new lands with its warm glow.

"Thank God that's over, one more minute, I would've wasted my lunch on Hastings." Rebecca groans while siting up, Shaun growling.

"I dare you, Crane. Let's see how long it takes for your corpse to reach hell, yeah?." He fixes his glasses while crossing his legs, computer on his thighs.

"Fuck off." She flips the finger and he rolls his eyes at her childish antics.

"Enough you two, we'll wait a bit more. The trail will close in twenty three minutes, but we'll wait thirty just to make sure we're in the clear." We all sigh and settle down, soon we will have our answers.

Time Skip

We walk up the rocky road towards the site, the chilly wind and night sky making this expedition more sinister. We arrive towards the house without a roof and start looking inside..

Nothing.

Just an abandoned and broken building.

"Well that's.. unfortunate." Shaun remarks.

"It can't be for nothing, something has to be here.." Lucy's hopeful tone diminishes as she notices that the place has nothing but sand and stone.

"This is bullshit. Absolute waste of time." Rebecca's foul mouth takes over the deserted place.

I look around, trying to see if anything can be a clue, considering that I don't feel as if it's a waste at all.

"I beg to differ, this place.. the energy here is strong." I stop them all from leaving as I take initiative and start using Eagle Vision, a gift in my DNA passed down all the way from Altaïr.

Immediately I start seeing symbols.. or letters? I question the written tongue as I inform the others.

"Can you draw these letters, Desmond?." I nod and get close to a wall, where the Creed's symbol rests upon a message.

I get on my knees and grab a stick that Rebecca offers, and start drawing on the thin layer of sand.

Αυτός που έρχεται τώρα, αυτός που ήρθε πριν παραμονεύει. Ξυπνήστε τη γνώση, γιατί σώθηκε για εσάς.

I hear Shaun hum in question, I deactivate my eagle vision in order to see them clearly.

"I studied this language, not in its entirety but if I'm not mistaken.. it's Greek. What else did you see?." I nod, remembering that when Lucy gave me a rundown of who I was meeting, she mentioned that Shaun was a junior university history professor, hence why he has extended knowledge on important world events and places.