81 | 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝

"Holy shit. I'm pulling you out, Dee." My vision goes back to the present, where my friend and lover's faces hold astonishment.

"Easy now, that was.. one hell of a rollercoaster. So that's how the Shroud was made." Says Rebecca, the woman handing me a cup of water.

I chug it while thinking back to the only good thing I ever did in this life. If that could be called a good thing.

"Yeah, now we understand why Bishop wanted to stop her from giving it to Berg. It wasn't meant for him but still.. and your sight. That's how you lost it, not in a battle like I always thought." I look at Shaun and furrow my brows, the males words not being clear enough.

"Battle?." His cheeks get pink as he realizes he's not talking subconsciously like he probably thought.

"Y—yeah, by the uh, the scar over it. I thought it was a fight gone wrong." I scoff as I think back to everyone's somber faces.

"It was a battle, gone completely wrong. The burning of my world was the last time I fought." I rise from the Animus and walk off alone, going to a quiet space to think everything through.

The humans inhabiting the remnants of our fallen society and rebuilding everything from scratch is one of the best outcomes all this could've had.

Yet that homesick feeling in the pit of my stomach doesn't let me register well enough how the fall of our empire was one of the best events in unwritten history.

The world didn't need gods anymore. It needed a cleansing from our tyranny and so it begged the sun for help, and so he did by burning our homes to beyond the ground. The Templars rose and took on a role of godly commandments, and yet again the Earth begged for release, and he almost answered the call.

But a new and unique breed of god took the load on his shoulders and saved all of us, so in return, we can help the world to get cleansed without the need of burning every time something goes wrong.

Now I'm starting to realize, the world had to burn for a new era to begin. For as long as we remained in power, it would be a never ending cicle of breeding to rule, or become a slave.

The world decided to breed its own children by annihilating the ones that decided to try and rule her, she wanted her own freedom by having people do what they pleased, instead of being told what to do.

"What has this world given you other than fights?." The specter of Ares appears from a corner, staring intensly at my figure.

I don't answer as I'm still pondering the answer, but for now, the world has given me another chance.

And I'm not going to waste it.