100 | 𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐝𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

August 25, 2020

Shaun grumbles as he prepares himself a brew, a headache forming up on him after so much stress from the many discoveries from the Animus.

"Leave that, I'll do it." He sighs and steps back, leaving an open space for me at the stove.

I stand beside him and turn the flame on, breaking the necessary herbs with the pestle, holding the mortar with the other hand.

He stares out the window of the kitchen, a distraught look in his eyes. Rebecca and Layla make a quiet exit from the cabin, talking about their findings and the black haired woman telling stories of Desmond and our adventures back then.

He grips the sink and turns to me, sighing slightly.

"I'm sorry, love. I've been behaving so irrationally.. I shouldn't have given you the cold shoulder.. I just.. remember how awful it was for all of us, your time in the Animus.. the things we saw and that happened.. and I don't want that to happen again. I don't want to see you in distress ever again in my life. And I just feel like I'm doing more damage than good." He comes up behind me as I put the grinned herbs inside the hot water in the kettle, waiting for them to boil.

I turn in his arms and kiss him gently, the man looking a second away from falling apart. He bites my lip as we break it off, the man continuing to smoother kisses in my face.

"I'm the one that's sorry, Shaun. I should've told you about my deep involvement with the Hidden Ones, on the fact that I stayed out of the temple for longer than expected. I'm the one keeping secrets and that's not how it's supposed to be." He squeezes my forearms and slips his hand in mine, intertwining our fingers.

"Then please, at least tell me the basics, just to be on the loop because all of this is going too fast and I'm not understanding anything." I take a deep breath and start explaining.

"Juno herself—or rather her essence—took me out of the temple, to take back the Apple of Eden that was meant for Desmond which had been stolen. It's where I met Bayek of Siwa and his wife Aya, both parents were grieving and avenging the death of their son, who one of the culprits had killed with the power of the Apple. You saw how all of that ended, and in the end Juno didn't let me return to the temple until it was time, and so I remained in the new world, traveling to new and farther places, and with time, taking care of the Hidden Ones." He pays close attention, placing a hand on my back and calmly stroking.

"With the passing generations, the Hidden Ones grew, and so did my influence with them. In time I found myself in a new, warm city called Baghdad, where I was proclaimed Mentor given the fact that I had direct ties with the founders. It's where Basim came along, and what led me to take him personally under my guidance. I was his Master despite me not missing a finger to proclaim that I was a member." He nods, putting the pieces together.

"Because you were an ally from the start. Proceed, love." He blinks as he kisses my forehead.

"With time, I passed his mentorship to a proper Master Assassin, Roshan. He climbed the ranks with ease and with the passing years Hytham came to us, a young orphaned boy had scaled a tower in aim to draw the Hidden Ones' attention. When he grew older and properly joined, I placed him under Basim's guidance and several years later, we met Sigurd." He sighs, his eyes holding peace now.

"And the whole thing with the Vikings happened, until the very moment he betrayed you, Hytham and the Creed by attacking you all as he said all that nonsense in that temple. God.." He runs a hand through his hair, despair in his eyes.

"A few months later, Juno came to me, telling me to return to my temple. That my time awake had come to an end. I returned and had this idea to write and scribble that message on the outer walls of the temple grounds.. something within me just kept telling me to do so, so I used my own blood to leave my messages, just as I used the temple's energy to link with the Apple and leave the message of my coordinates. Coordinates that you deciphered." His mouth stays agape as he examines my story.

"I'm sorry I never shed light into this, love. I didn't think I would hear of the Vikings again, that any of this would haunt me all over just like the specters." The kettle starts to whistle, indicating that the brew is finished and ready to serve.

He turns off the stove and places his hands in my face again, admiration in his eyes.

"Everything's alright, sweetheart. It's alright. I'm sorry if I shed any light of doubt or anything.. I didn't mean too. I trust and love you deeply, just.. please tell me of significant things like this one, yeah? At least to know what's happening." I nod and hug him, nuzzling my face in his neck, his cologne numbing my senses.

I raise my head and kiss under his ear, going up to his neck and bearded jaw, a suspicious look on the male.

"Alright now, calm. We don't need this here. It's a public cabin as of now." I interrupt him as I kiss his lips, a light tongue fight ensuring.

I break the kiss as I feel his lower body tense against me. The male glaring at me.

"Not like you cared about privacy in Germany." His cheeks grab a pink hue as he remembers how in the second destination of our honeymoon he didn't exactly behave as he should've.

"Don't tempt me then." He kisses me again and fixes his clothing, walking over to the Animus while I take the kettle in my hand.

"What about the headache?." He smirks and shrugs, tinkering with the machine to set new parameters.

"You'll help me sort that out later, Goddess." He murmurs loud enough for me to hear as both females return from their break.

I shake my head as his flirtatious tone tells me of where he's taking this. What would I do without him and his compassionate soul?.

Definitely not drinking the brew meant for him, of course.