30 | 𝐞𝐲𝐞𝐬 𝐨𝐧 𝐦𝐞

Violet leaves Juhani's office in a hurry once I come back, giving me a half felt approval of the attire, her face being stoic with a hint of panic.

I wring my hands as I fix the collar of the jacket, the anxiety of whatever's happening out there eating me alive. I cuss myself out loud and place Juhani's borrowed jacket on the back of his chair, deciding against my better judgment to leave the room, in fear of repercussions for walking around unsupervised.

The doors open as soon as a I get close, the ambience of terror taking over the place. Red emergency lights light up the corridors, the cubicles where the workers reside being sprawled with their forgotten belongings, the rest of the place being a mess.

I catch sight of Violet and immediately start walking towards her, Otso Berg's broad figure missing from the place. I thought he was with her?.

However I stop in my tracks as Melanie Lemay's figure appears from the elevator, the snake talking with another Animus user, the only one left in the floor. I hide quickly behind a pillar, listening for signs that the obnoxious and surprisingly temperamental woman left.

I turn quietly at the sound of some whirring, the noise being to quiet for any normal human to hear. My vision lands on a security camera, which turns ever so slightly, from pointing to the far corner of the room, over to me, a small red linking light at the bottom.

My breath hitches as I stare at the device, the feeling that someone is watching me coming to life. The lights turning off in all the building and Violet's loud voice breaks me from trance as I round the corner as fast as possible, using my only good eye to watch her closely.

"Man, whoever designed this virus is a genius. Not only does it restrict our access to the Cloud, it's adapted to fuck up the other operation systems that regulate building functions." I can't help but raise a brow at her words.

By the look of things, this situation escalated in the mere moments I spent putting these clothes on. Not only did this appear in a random session, it can also damage whatever it finds in its way, whether its an elevator, the lights, the Animus.. it's too much for something simple.

Because it was fabricated.

The lights come back on and I hear the dark haired woman say something to Lemay through her ear piece. I can't make out what da Costa responds as I hear the whirring sound again, I look up to find the camera going side to side on a gentle manner, the intention of seeing it being clear.

It stops as soon as I lay eyes on it, having someone actually viewing me. I start to quickly put everything together and come to a quick, albeit hope filled conclusion.

The Assassins are behind this.

A sense of calmness overtakes me, knowing they still have found their ways to keep tabs on me. But anger replenishes the feeling, remembering that they didn't have the decency to at least warn me they were leaving, malàka, not even the Initiate said a word before being sent 'home' in compensation for the whole hostage mess.

I ignore the camera despite my desperation, and look over to the side of the pillar again, catching sight of Otso Berg's back and da Costa's slim figure. Apparently, they're briefing the worker on what to do next, the outage of the system being obviously unprecedented, as well as whoever's memories he was watching before being really important.

I sigh and stealthily go back to Juhani's office, the doors shutting quietly behind me. I sit on the couch again and run my fingers over the chip on the left side of my neck, the burn marks around it still being fresh enough to hurt. I wince and retract, cursing everything around me.

Templars, Assassins, Melanie, William, Aita, Rebecca, Otso Berg, Juno, Shaun, Violet..

Shaun. Oh how I will squeeze the life out of him if I ever see him again. He became my friend only to leave me here when I needed more help than ever? I scoff and sigh, feeling defeated physically and mentally, emotions running wild.

Now I have to be with the Templars for who knows how long, I only hope that it's not too long for my liking.