7 | 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐯𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐚

November 14, 2012

It takes us two months to find our new hideout, I realize as my Animus session is cut short. A familiar voice greets my ears as I wake up.

"I can't seem to get a position on Ezio's P.O.E." Rebecca angrily states as Lucy turns off the trucks ignition and unbuckles her seatbelt.

I furrow my brows at her code.

"Could one of you tell me what's going on?." I ask with slight irritation.

Lucy turns to look from the window separating the cabin and the back of the truck.

"Sorry Desmond. Piece of Eden. In the Vatican, Minerva talked about other temples, that they're the key to preventing whatever terrible thing is about to happen to the Earth." Her and Shaun step out of the truck and walk around to open the back door.

I get up from the Animus and step around a stack of crates, where Deimos sits on the ground, hiding behind them. Ever since Minerva appeared and a piece of what happened to her people came to light, she's been more reserved.

She has been speaking a bit more than before, but she's not answering any questions about her home, or even about her weapons, everything that has to do with the first civilization falls on deaf ears.

I smile at her and offer my hand to help her get up, she nods and latches her arm with mine and with tremendous force, I lift her to her feet.

I let go and jokingly clean an invisible bead of sweat from my temple, prompting her to glare at me. A glare that thankfully has no malicious intent.

I hear the door open and see it being raised, to help out, I crouch and bring it all the way up, being greeted by Lucy's frame. I jump down and stand beside her, looking at my surroundings.

"To find the temples, I'm convinced we need to get our hands on Ezio's Apple of Eden. Minerva altered it somehow when she 'touched' it." Her words don't register as I come to a conclusion of our whereabouts.

"Wait. We're at the Auditore Villa?." I can't help but ask in amazement.

"Yes. It's our last safe house in Italy. It turns out the Templars are watching the border." She admits while looking around, also mesmerized by the Assassin details sill standing.

Rebecca speaks from the inside of the truck, still tinkering with the computer.

"Ezio hid the P.O.E. sometime in 1507, but when I try to access the DNA sequence.. he seems to be remembering something else." She stares off as she's trying to understand what is happening and how to fix this.

"A memory inside a memory." Deimos says while emerging from the truck and stands beside Rebecca, who looks at her and points her finger in her direction.

"Yes. Exactly. Maybe." She turns and clicks away in the Animus. I raise my brow.

Shaun comes over and starts talking, taking the spotlight from everyone.

"I believe you experienced something similar back at Abstergo?." He crosses his arms while staring at me.

"Subject 15 exhibited similar patterns, but she was pregnant. The memories of both the fetus's father and mother were competing." Lucy states as she had discovered the data of said subject.

Shaun raises a brow and points finger at my direction.

"Desmond's not pregnant. At least, as far as I can tell. Might have just had a big lunch." He steps close and pats my stomach, prompting me to glare at him.

I hear someone scoff and cough a bit, I look over and see Deimos jumping from the truck and placing her hand on her mouth, covering it.

"Can you skip to a later memory?." Lucy asks, making the black haired technician turn to us and shake her head.

"Well that's familiar. We couldn't access Altaïr's later memories until Desmond had improved his synchronization." I roll my eyes knowing just what this means, countless more hours on the Animus.

"Then it's possible something has occurred here. Ezio's troubled state is being transposed unto Desmond, destabilizing the memory. Either that, or Rebecca's just not a very good engineer." He points a finger at her direction while Rebecca is getting down of the truck.

"Thanks, asshole." She barks back, already fed up with his shit.

"What? I'm simply listing possible explanations, and that is amongst the most likely. Touchy.." He ends the argument by walking off and standing beside Deimos, in a way to signify that should Rebecca go for him, the Goddess will not let anything slide past.

If she even bothers with protecting him at all.

We all hurry inside the broken building as Rebecca explained that Abstergo could be getting our cellphone signals, therefore, tracking us. We go in only to find the way into the underground armory sealed from the inside, no way of getting through here.

Lucy inspects the doorway, while Rebecca looks around, and Shaun inspects a table for hidden mechanisms. Deimos watches and walks around a few meters away.

"There's a beam blocking it from the inside. We're not going in this way." Rebecca turns to her at her words.

After telling us that staying in the open for too long is not a good plan, and that we are running out of time, we brainstorm every possible route there can be.

"Maybe there's another way into the Sancutary?." Shaun asks while inspecting the door.

I turn to see the silhouette of a white robed man running off.. and Deimos walking out behind it, glowing markings illuminating the place.

"Guys, I think we got something." I say and soon start walking out, following the Goddess.

Lucy sighs loudly when she sees that Deimos is ahead and I'm following her, while Shaun mutters out a 'nice'. She stands at the edge of the broken piece of the fence, looking at the bottom of the precipice, where a hay bale rests.

"You saw that too?." She turns to me, her white eye being the first thing I see.

"What? No. I did not see anything, though I did hear something." I cock my head to the side at her admission.

I decide to not waste anymore time and quickly do the Leap of Faith, falling comfortably in the hay bale. I come out of it and notice how Lucy comes down a ladder I hadn't seen. Oops.

"Desmond, that was.. pretty awesome." I feel how my temperature rises at her compliment, my heart beating slightly faster.

"It just felt natural. We can get in through here." Way to fuck it up, Des.

"We'll just sit up here then shall we.. yeah? All alone, with massive targets painted on our backs." Shaun screams to us, his remark falling on deaf ears as Lucy and I head into a cave.