35 | 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐣𝐞𝐜𝐭 𝐫𝐞𝐛𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐡

The blinking lights above the rather dark cell are the only company I have as of now. Yesterday and today being completely locked away in the clinic, the woman having finished with me just mere hours ago, my legs still hurting from the numerous devices she used and my arms adorning dark, minuscule holes from her blood work.

So far I've heard nothing from Otso, the man having gone silent during the whole day, when he usually comes to look for me everywhere. His absence makes it harder for me to adjust to this new 'phase' with the Templars, not wanting to go through their ridiculous experiment.

Malàkas think that just because I look young I will be able to have heirs? I passed that time way too long ago.

Two guards are stationed outside the glass doors, waiting for their next orders. Both of them chat away in their native tongue, occasionally glancing back to me and smirking, hitting each other with their elbows. Disgusting malàkes.

They stop their chatter as the sound of clicking is heard thought out the hall, Violet's figure strutting up. She swats away the men and enters the room, a cup of.. something in her hands.

"I heard of what's about to go down.. that's depressing." I shake my head at her words.

"As if I don't know that, thank you for making it clear." I answer in a rough tone, her joke not being appreciated.

She raises her free hand in surrender and hands me the plastic cup, unknown liquid sloshing around in it.

"Thank you, but I'm not thirsty." She sighs and clicks her tongue, dismay in her stance.

"You have to take it, otherwise the one who comes after me won't be so gentle. Don't cause any trouble, Deimos. Just drink it, it will calm you down, doc said you were too anxious." She places the cup roughly in my hands, nearly spilling it.

I groan in annoyance, their insistence being too far fetched. With nothing to do other than get possibly shocked, the warm albeit sour drink travels down my esophagus. I can't help but do a face at the taste, the woman laughing a bit.

She opens the door with the card again and prompts me to get up. I set the cup aside and get up, not bothering to ask where are we going, my anxiousness to see Otso again flaring like crazy.

If I see him, I'm safe.

She directs me to the elevator, where once inside, she uses her communicator to select our destination. I wait patiently for the doors to open on my known floor, only to keep ascending, panic settles over me as many floors keep passing by.

"Melanie wants to see you, in case you're wondering." I freeze at her words, will that woman ever leave me in peace?.

The doors open in her luxurious office, the lonesome receptionist greeting Violet and slightly cowering when her eyes land on me. We ascend the short flight of stairs and enter her office, where a big window gives a perfect view of nighttime Canada. The outside world.

Hold on? Nighttime? Did time really pass by so fast?.

The red head settles back in her chair, a shark like grin on her face.

"We've found a candidate! As well as your results which came back gloriously, fresh as a flower. We've prepared one of the rooms on the basement floor for the two of you. You will do your female duties and behave, otherwise, he's been instructed to shock you until you learn to stay put. He will be your unique specimen for two weeks, if there's no advancement by the third, he'll be replaced by another one and the same time trial will be taken. Understood? Yes? Good. Miss da Costa, give her elevator access and let her go alone, room two is the one that will be used. Better start now." No chance for me to speak is given as I'm pulled out by Violet's hand on my wrist.