24 | 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐢𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐬

Quebec, Canada

October 24, 2013

It's been almost a year since Desmond left us, a rather uneventful year might I add. The team had been in a six month silence in honor and grief for the young man, William taking it obviously worse.

We are currently in a hotel in Canada, awaiting orders from our new leader, Gavin, on how and when to proceed on some suspicious activities in Abstergo. William took a step down from the charge as he is still grieving and doesn't deem himself able to commandeer a group of people.

Crane's phone rings and she answers, a look of exhaustion on her face. Hastings is sprawled on the bed, keeping his eyes closed in an attempt to rest, the long journey from Peru by boat and Texas by car taking its toll.

"Yep, what is it?." She tiredly answers, making me shake my head.

"Listen up you three, we have rumors of the Templars using some sort of blood vials, whose blood and for what purpose is unknown, and we need eyes and ears inside to complete the job, we already have Standish in there, but there's only so much he can do. What do you say?." Hastings rises from his position and Crane sits more appropriately, the task drawing her attention.

"Can I say no?." A grunt is heard from Hastings, the male just about done with her antics.

"No." Is Banks' dry response.

"Dammit." Crane swears, making me smirk and roll my eyes.

"This job's gonna be a little heavy, if not, completely dangerous. We're gonna need one of you to do the heavy part." He sighs, not wanting to hear what the assassins have to say.

"Which is? And who?." A moment of silence sits on the other end of the phone.

"I hate to say this, but.. Deimos is more appropriate. The job is to basically... be the bait. There will be a lot of hacking involved, which will surely draw attention, she is to distract them however she sees fit, while Standish and his Initiate partner grab all the info they can, and pass it over to you, Rebecca. Shaun is to stand guard and keep us posted on their activities." They look at each other and over to me, I shrug nonchalantly.

"I see no problem, they've been looking for me for a while, so it'll be the perfect moment." Their eyes open up like saucers, Banks interrupts them before they can even say anything.

"Good to hear your approval, Goddess. Keep in mind that we don't know how long this will take." I answer approvingly, prompting them to change words between one another and finally hang up.

Crane turns to me, a look of incredulity on her face.

"I don't think it's a good idea. They know who you are already." I shrug, not willing to listen to their oppositions.

"It's time I do something other than sit around. I'll be fine. Besides, I'm in itch for a fight, lately." She chuckles and Hastings shakes his head in denial.

Her phone rings again, this time with a message from Banks.

"It's Gavin again, 'Our men have been informed of the plan. Don't want to sound rude, but we have to find out what kind of blood these vials hold, and we can't wait any longer. Deimos needs to enter Abstergo as soon as possible, preferably between tonight and tomorrow morning, the sooner we start the faster we can leave.' Is he really not even giving us time to properly think of something?!." She screams as she tosses her phone to the side, Hastings quickly turning towards me, our friendship having grown with the months.

"I don't like that face of yours, what are you thinking?." He wrings his hands on his jeans, legs bouncing a bit.

"What face? And what else am I gonna think of if not drawing their attention?." He sighs and looks at Crane, her stoic features showing a bit of resistance.

"That one, of concentration mixed with mischief. I don't know, but whatever you're thinking is not a good plan." I ignore him and turn to the female.

"Is there a hideout or base of operations near Abstergo? If I want to draw the attention of the big guys, I have to aim high." She silently complies and searches on her tablet, showing me a location.

"Only two miles away is a research facility. Big enough to make destruction and gain their attention quickly." I step up from the wall I have been leaning at and make my way to the door.

I quicken my step, only to be stopped in the corridor by slender hands, Crane's face coming to view.

"Dee.. this is bullshit, I tell you. We don't know what they'll do to you, though I have an idea. We can find another way.." I cautiously pry her hand from my wrist, turning to face her.

"Looking at it from my point of view.. there's no way. Only this one. They've been looking for me ever since Stillman gave them my blood, and if this is the only way to keep the assassins safe, then I'll go for it." She sighs and jumps on me, hugging me tightly, I reciprocate the act.

"I want to apologize, Deimos. For everything I said back then.. I didn't mean to be such a bitch, it's just.. I was afraid. That something like that would happen. That maybe you could've killed us or something.. but you did the opposite and instead tried to persuade him to desist. I judged you when I don't even know what happened back then. I had no right." She pleads as she crosses her arms.

I smile and nod, her apology being sincere.

"There's nothing to forgive, Rebecca. Your judgements were all correct, but I can't bring myself to do those mistakes again. Now if you'll excuse me, I have a meeting with some Templars." I shake her shoulder, a big smile coming on her lips.

She turns and enters the room, the soft click from the lock letting me know that they're safe.

Time to do right.