54 | 𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐦 𝐛𝐞𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐦

Deimos

It's close to noon as I lay down with my head in Shaun's lap, the male letting me rest the pounding headache that doesn't leave me alone since the night before. His hand gently caresses my temples while he keeps a small cloth which is wet and cold over my eyes, trying to help the process. Rebecca gave me something, a pill she said it's for 'migraines', but so far, no effect has taken place, my body not being accustomed to take fabricated remedies.

How much I wish I could have a few herbs..

I bite back the urge to say that and rather focus on on his fingers drawing delicate circles from my temples, down to the back of my neck, applying some pressure on the way. I sigh in contempt, even though it doesn't help much, I don't have the heart to tell him such.

Varonina's voice resonates in the background, a hushed conversation with Rebecca, who doesn't take her eyes off the computers, waiting for anyone's signal, the Shroud's location about to be uncovered.

I like the woman, her accent makes her lunatic random thoughts to be a little more tolerable than most think, the woman's infatuation with Shaun being rather hilarious. The man speed walks away from her when she appears, dropping ridiculous excuses to run over to me, apologizing in the process.

The most fun episode happened in the morning, when he started apologizing profusely after he told me that she arrived last night and surprised him, flirted with him, almost made a move.. and he just evaded her saying that he was going to die instead of sleeping. I couldn't help myself and laughed at his face, a mix of worry and confusion, so much, that I presented myself to Galina, the woman making a sarcastic show when she found out that Shaun was taken.

'Let's share the man, you the top half, I take the bottom' were her words while placing a hand over her heart, which made him grow a thousand shades of red while the three females in the room laughed loudly.

"How's the headache going? Any better?." He whispers, thumb caressing my forehead.

"Honestly, no. It's even worse after what she gave me." He hums, probably thinking what to do.

"What did you have back then for these types of situations? Herbs of which kind?." I raise my brow, forgetting quickly that his job is to dig information from historical sources.

"Uh.. peppermint.. rosemary, feverfew, ginger.. yarrow. A brew of the leaves of one of those is enough." He hums an 'okay', taking my head gently and raising it to stand and placing it back down on a pillow, he apologizes and excuses himself, probably going to look for one of the ingredients.

Light movement is heard around the makeshift kitchen, a few huffs following.

"Rebecca, where did you put the bag of peppermint?." He asks, the woman's clicking stopping briefly.

"In the box of cutlery.. I think." He grans and murmurs something under his breath.

"Cut—cutlery? Who the bloody hell puts an ingredient in the cutlery space? It should be in the one that says 'condiments'.. you should be in jail." She hums, not acknowledging him completely.

"Hey, at least you found it, prissy fucker." She talks back, cursing him in the process. I lightly shake my head, their sibling dynamic being entertaining.

"I will take you to court if we ever get food poisoning, I swear, one of these days you'll end up pouring Clorox instead of vinegar in a meal." I chuckle, briefly imagining the two of them fighting over something like that.

"Well hello, what's this? A profile for Deimos in the database?." The man chokes on his own saliva at Rebecca's playful words, apparently being something that only he knew about. My interest peaks at this.