67 | 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐝 𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐦𝐩𝐭

"Slow and easy, Deimos." I wake up to Shaun's face holding a hint of worry, which quickly disappears as I come to my senses.

I sit slowly, rewinding everything I just saw. Oh how much I wanted to jump out of a window that day.

"Had to pull you out quickly, your vitals started to rise and we don't want to risk anything." Comes from Rebecca behind me, her voice softer than before.

"I felt like I was in there for hours." I say while wiping my eyes, a sudden tiredness overcoming me.

"Funny enough it was only five minutes. Go and rest, we'll continue when you're better." I abstain myself from sayin no and get up with Shaun's help, the man waiting for me to start walking off.

We arrive to our room in no time and I go and drop my weight on the bed, wanting to pass out right there. He chuckles a bit and places the blanket over me.

I sigh and close my eyes, not even winning time to thank him as sleep coats my mind like a curtain.

Time Skip

I wake up suddenly, not with fright, but rather feeling as if I'm being watched by something curious. I look around the room, not finding anything that can remotely mean danger or that I'm loosing my mind faster. I bring a strand of hair out if my face as I lay upside down, yawning in the process, the memory of the turkey meat and fruits making me nostalgic.

I rise from the bed, feeling energized and ready to continue. I untie my braid and do it yet again a little tighter, making sure that no hairs come loose and obstruct my view. I grab another one of Shaun's shirts and sweat pants and tuck them under my arm, going over to the bathroom and washing my face. Once done, I take the liberty to take off my clothing, placing the new one over the toilet lid.

I open the shower and relish in the sweet feeling of lukewarm water hitting my skin, refreshing me even more than I already feel. Strange, a five minute session was able to take weight from me. I can only imagine when I'm done in its entirety.

"Woah, okay. I'm sorry I didn't expect you in there." I turn and find Shaun's pixilated frame by the door, the blurry shower door not letting me see him clearly and viceversa.

"It's fine." He hums and goes to the sink looking for something inside the cabinet.

"I should've knocked, I'm.. wow, so stupid." He babbles and I smile, his nervous side not letting him communicate properly.

"It's alright, Shaun." He remains quiet and I notice how his head fights to not turn against his will, failing miserably. Just because my figure is pixilated on his end, doesn't mean it doesn't leave anything to the imagination.

"Might just get in here if you're that curious." He tumbles the toothpaste and soap bar form the sink, his moves frantic at the fact he's been caught.

"No, I'm not. Well I mean I am—curious—, but. No! That's not what I meant—you know what? Forget it." He makes a hasty exit after putting everything in its place, making me smile with his antics.

I scrub the grime from my body and rinse off quickly, getting dressed in his clothes and putting on some socks once I leave the bathroom. I grin as I continue to raid his wardrobe, the man surely rolling his eyes every time he sees me with a new piece.

I leave the room in whole once I have some shoes on and walk towards the research lab, Williams form sitting on a desk eating breakfast. I mentally gasp, not really keeping time in check as I have slept the entire day yesterday. He salutes me and places the almost empty plate down.

"Morning, Shaun just went flying by, if you're looking for him." I cock my head to the side at his words.

"Good morning. What do you mean?." I salute back, sitting in front of him. The male grabs a napkin and cleans his mouth, swallowing the bite of fried egg before answering.