39 | 𝐦𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐚𝐠𝐞 𝐩𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠...

London, United Kingdom

I close my eyes while taking the time to relax just a bit, the chatter around the bus station being calm enough to think this plan through. I was able to find a bus that goes straight to the big city, no detours or stops involved, the estimated time being two hours and fifty minutes of travel.

I got anxious as I watched the billboard, not knowing that the billing system in this country is different. Instead of paying for the distance like Shaun once taught me happened in America, you pay for the day, the week or even the month, the fare surprisingly being only six pounds for the day. After all, once I get there, I will continue on foot.

The squeak of the bus' brakes makes me open my eyes again, running a hand through my eyes to push sleep away and get inside the vehicle.

Can't sleep now, I need to find them.

Is what runs through my thoughts as I take a seat after paying the driver with my pass, spending two terrible weeks on open sea with the violent slushing of the hard waves being a terrible way to get little to no sleep. My stomach growls lowly at the thought of something to intake, the only thing left in the backpack being a half eaten granola bar, soda crackers and the gun.

I think about eating the bar, but my stomach protests against it, already fed up with eating the same things for weeks. I close my eyes to drown out the anger of the black hole I have as a stomach, knowing that I'm ever closer to my goal.

Time Skip..

The conductors voice resonates throughout the bus, scaring me to death by believing I had been found and intercepted. I hurriedly get off and take the map out again, scanning the light poles for the names of the roads, I tentatively walk over to a man, who is lost on his phone. I tap his shoulder, the man's eyes looking me up and down.

"Sir, could you please tell me in which part of London are we? And if there's a library close by?." He breathes and smiles a bit, relaxing that I'm probably not robbing him.

"Of course, this is the University of London district, a few miles out north you'll find the British Library. Just keep up to this road and when you arrive at the intersection you'll see a gym to your left, immediately go right and you'll eventually come up to it, you won't miss it." I thank him and go down the way he pointed towards, following his directions to the maximum.

After several minutes of walking and crossing roads, I come up to the orange colored building, the words The British Library scribbled beautifully in black. I sigh as I finally reached my goal, shoving the map in the back pocket of the jeans and walking inside, cloak hood covering my face. I'm stopped by a guard at the entrance, my muscles going stiff.

"I'm sorry, miss, no hoods allowed here, you're gonna have to take it off." I cautiously comply, seeing how the man gives me an approving smile at my cooperation.

"Beautiful hair for a beautiful woman. Please, head inside." I awkwardly chuckle and speed walk inside, not wanting to go through that again in a while.

I look around me and at the vast amount of books this place has, the knowledge of probably a thousand places or more being stored away in these shelves. Shaun would have a field day in here.

I calmly walk over to the computer station, many of these devices being cramped up neatly one beside the other. I take a seat and take out the map, being careful to not let the sword be seen. I open it up and take a look around the region, surely I can choose many places, if the message goes out to the wrong hands, I can take advantage of the build of London to hide.

I mark several places with the blue pen, and start to fiddle around with the computer, remembering the times I saw Rebecca rummage around the electronic map. I scan my surroundings, not wanting to be seen by anyone and getting in trouble, once I make sure the coast is clear, I put my hand on the monitor, markings glowing ever so slightly making the screen adopt a lot of colors.

I concentrate enough and before I know it, the Assassin symbol is seen glitching in green, letting me know I have successfully infiltrated their network. I make quick work to use my abilities, sending them a digital map marked with the locations I marked on mine, as well as leaving a small message.

"Excuse me, ma'am, you can't have backpacks in here either, I'm sorry." I let go of the monitor as another guard comes to me, not worrying to much since I was able to do what I wanted.

I look back at him and nod, carefully standing and placing the map inside the bag.

"Of course, forgive me, I'm leaving now." He nods and glares to me, this one not being as friendly as the one on the main door.

I exit the building and start walking in what appears to be a random direction, but truly, I'm walking off to one of the ten places I chose as a potential hiding spot. I'm almost there now.

Now it's up to them.