31 | 𝐝𝐞𝐛𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐠

It's been a few days since the virus incident, this one not being eradicated quickly by the level of expertise which was used to create it, and the level needed to eliminate it, making the Templar's mad—more specifically, Violet—who's in charge of maintaining the network free from nuisances.

The sound of heavy footsteps grazes my ears as Juhani's form enters the room, the man acknowledging me with a glance and handing me a folder.

"You won't be bothered while you're with me, though I can't exactly say how long it'll be. Everything they did since you were captured is here, in case you want to know what happened when you were out cold." I skim through the pages, not exactly stopping on one, before I throw it on his desk.

"Why would I need to read it when I still feel it?." He sets it aside and hums, thankfully not insisting with the file.

He walks over to a newly placed board in his room, filled with clear images caught from the extensive sessions done by this unknown worker, this case catching the attention of the older male over the interests of miss Lemay.

A young man sits at the very top of this board, the name 'Shay' scribbled with a black marker. On the left side, skillfully done in a small yellow paper, the symbol of the Assassins stands, with pictures of who I can presume were members right underneath. The same is done with the Templar symbol, the red cross pointing the names of members of the corrupt order.

I calmly skim over the pictures, memorizing every detail and notice how Otso Berg has written the Assassin names in haste, almost as if he's writing over fire, while the Templars' are written neatly, with a calm and collected elegance that only one with extreme admiration and patience can do.

I shake my head at the clear disdain these people have for an organization who's been taken out of context for centuries. What's wrong with the preservation of free will?.

I dare not ask this to the man as he stands proudly with hands behind his back, obviously waiting for someone.

"Should I leave or..?." I ask, not wanting to intrude in whatever chat is about to concur, much less if it's with Melanie.

He glances and breathes, looking over the board once again.

"No, nothing that you don't know about won't be spoken. Besides, Lemay doesn't want you meddling around. Orders are orders." I quietly hum, slightly disappointed that I can't even look at the rest of the floor.

The only places that I've seen for now being my cell once nighttime falls, followed by the elevator and the straight shot to the office. Incredible, an open space where I can't even look to the sides without being scolded or worse, shocked.

They weren't like this.

I mentally nod at the truth, Williams hideout in Peru was underground, but at least I could go to the dock connected to it and admire the calm waters. I could take long looks at each and every office, where if I had questions about it, they would be answered, rarely did I ever got told to mind my own business.

The sound of the glass doors opening brings me out of the trance, only to stare at the worker who's been stuck in the building along side us. He glances at me, nodding ever so slightly, I do the same out of curtesy.

"Shay Cormac is an Assassin, but he is unlike the ones you have used for your entertainment in the past. I believe Shay may be the most important Assassin who ever lived." I'm slightly impressed by his words, but it's quickly replaced with expectancy as he takes a pen from his pocket and jams it through one of the assassin's face.

"Your research will help me achieve something I have wanted for a very long time. Shay's story may have something to offer you as well. Please reflect on what we've discussed." He sits and the man leaves throwing a glance at me, making haste to the exit.

I frown at this and shake my head, the man probably already knowing about me.

"He.. didn't speak." Juhani nods and click away in his computer.

"He's mute, accident for what I've heard. As long as he understands what he's doing, I have no issue with this." I nod in understanding, the air becoming tense suddenly, the only sound in the air being the clicking of his keyboard, a sound all too familiar to me.

"Can I ask something?." He briefly stops and shrugs, continuing his work.

"Now that I won't enter an Animus anymore, what will happen to.. the other project?." He stops clicking altogether and stares blankly to the screen, probably trying to come up with an answer.

"I have no knowledge about that. Maybe they will reschedule, how far or close I can't say for certain. And no, it's not something I can ask about, I only have so much clearance." I exhale and look to the ground, the ghostly feeling of the doctor and her rough hands prodding me nonstop leaving a cold trail of sweat on my forehead, not wanting to feel any of that again.

Silence envelopes the room, leaving my mind to wander back to my memories.

Not again, no.