52 | 𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

I open the door and close it firmly, descending the narrow steps down the three story building, sighing loudly before I open the door and come face to face with a nervous Shaun, and an aggravated Rebecca. The angry faces of Bishop and William in the computer. Malàka.

Shaun comes to me when he catches sight, leaving the dark haired female to fend for herself in the meantime. He grabs my hand and brings me along inside our shared space, a thousand things visibly running through his head.

"Thank God you're here, don't go out there. Matter of fact, it's best if we let Bill believe you haven't returned." He starts to ramble, making me take the oversized coat off, throwing it on a chair in the corner, grabbing his forearms calmly.

"One breath at a time. What's going on?." He sighs and shakes his head, hand going through his hair frantically.

"Bishop. She's called for your extraction from London, to be left in a 'house' somewhere around the world, and for a trial to take place." I furrow my brows, seeing as I never heard of whatever this trial thing is.

I guide him towards a table, where the man sits at the edge of this one. I grab a bottle of water and hand it to him, the man taking a shaky swig after tearing the cap off. He relishes in the cool feeling of the water on his throat and takes a minute to compose himself.

"Calm enough? Please, slow down and tell me, what trial? What house? What is going on?." I get closer to him, the man separating his legs and allowing me to settle between them, my hands massaging his torso as gently as possible in an effort to soothe him.

"After what you did, Bishop called for an extraction by Heavies. It means the few though as shit Assassins we have serving as main backup in case things go south, will come here any moment, to take you to 'the house'. Our Order has a few if not, hundreds of these houses around the globe since the last decade, but no one other than the Heavies, Judges, Mentors and Master Assassins know where they are. It's where.. defectors are taken to be well.. put on trial and judged." His voice goes silent as he finishes the sentence, becoming affected by the news.

I scrunch my face in retribution, not believing what is happening.

"Defectors? But I'm doing nothing, only helping a child." His sad brown eyes get filled with tears, afraid of the outcome.

"I know, but they don't see it that way. In their eyes, you're aiding the Templars, and are acting in their favor.. they see it as you trying to 'retake the world' with double the power. And she's got William involved now.." I furrow my brows, the little respect I had for the woman now completely turned to fury.

I leave the warmth of his embrace as I start to make a walk for the door, the male being faster than me and blocking it with his body, face ridden with fear and dread.

"I have a few words for—." He doesn't let me finish as he shushes me, not wanting the party outside to hear.

"Talking back to her won't do anything if not make the heavies arrive here quicker! It won't work, Dee." I take his hand and gently take him out of the way.. partially because as soon as I touch him, I use my abilities to control his mind, making the male scrunch his eyebrows as soon as my hand leaves his.

"Not to her." I yank the door open and walk over to Rebecca, her face red by anger while William and Bishop chew her through the screen.

I move the female aside, her face changing to relief at the sight of me again. I sit in her spot, looking directly to the small camera on top of the computer, to make it seem that I'm looking them in the eyes.

"Dispatch the team right now, to the hideout, we have the target, quickly!." Bishop barks at the radio, being met with a confirmation from the hunting party's end.