99 | ...𝐢𝐭 𝐝𝐨𝐞𝐬𝐧'𝐭 𝐥𝐞𝐭 𝐠𝐨

I look out from the doorframe, crossing my arms over my chest, Shaun's solitary figure sitting around the fire pit.

The male hasn't spoken to me in a while, with more memories of Eivor where my old apprentices appear becoming a usual recurrence.

Becs places her hand on my shoulder, Layla hooked up to the Animus again, this one running softly in the background.

"He's just all prissy, he'll get over it, don't worry. He loves you too much to give you the cold shoulder for long." She hands me a cup of coffee, the woman preparing something to keep all of us warm in the changing weather.

"I feel guilty. He trusted me and I never spoke of this. Never said who I was affiliated with." She scoffs as she takes a sip from her cup, relishing in her drink.

"He'll understand, hell I already do. Just give him time, I'm sure it's not easy to manage the fact that you know something we don't, but it's also easy to get that you want to protect us and you're doing the right thing by letting Layla uncover this." I look down as the black beverage.

"Basim and Hytham were one of the best apprentices anyone could've had.. but one of them broke my trust.. and that betrayal was more painful than any other low blow in my life." She places her head on my shoulder, sighing quietly in the process.

"Say no more, sis. If it's painful for you, it's painful for us. Whatever happened will be uncovered, but I swear that after this, everything will be fine. We save the world again and we go home to do our usual shit of hacking servers and molesting Templars." I snicker and shake my head, looking to the ground absentmindedly.

A set of beeps makes us look over to the monitor, Layla's form writhing slightly in discomfort. Becs runs to her computer, placing her cup on the table, while I stand beside the sleeping woman, getting ready for whatever is happening.

"Oh. My. God. What is this shit?." I walk over and stand beside Rebecca, looking over her shoulder to the playing memory.

A distorted and grainy image of a man with black hair mixing with someone else is seen, but the screen suddenly flickers and shows Eivor waking up abruptly from an induced sleep, the clans witch—or Seer—Valka, analyzing the female warrior for any damages.

"What was that, Becs?." She leaves the memory running while opening a side tab and going back to what we just witnessed in an adjacent monitor.

She hits the play button on the most recent recoding, this one not doing anything as the file suddenly appears as corrupted.

"Hell if I know. Fuck! Whatever that was, it damaged the file, I can't review it." She sighs after numerous attempts, the piece of information being erased from her computer.

"What was that, like a man inside another man?." She turns her head slowly to me, brows furrowed as she examines my question.

"That's the weirdest shit you've ever said." I blink as my words kick in, making me frown.

"You're right, bad choice in wording. But you know what I meant.." She nods as she continues to play the current memory, the female slightly aggravated that we couldn't get a hold of what we saw.

"We're gonna have to wait and see if something similar happens again." I draw back and lay against the wall, wondering what we saw.

What is happening in this session? Moreover, with this woman? How is everything connected?.

I just hope we find out in a passive way.