13 | 𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐡

It has been close to a month since the incident at Juno's temple, the group being mentally drained and destroyed, Stillman's assassination by Desmond's blade shocking everyone, including myself to an extent.

I knew she had to die, ever since I had been placed in that tomb, but to see that happening by the hand and mental manipulation of one of my own was sickening. How could Juno do such frivolous act?.

We are at the expectancy as well, Desmond has fallen into a coma-like status, rendering him completely vulnerable and exposed to the Animus, where he's been hooked up all this time to keep his brain as active as possible, while we have been traversing around the globe trying to shake the Templars off our backs while keeping a low profile.

An older man recently began working with us, he is held as the Mentor of the creed, and is also the man who ordered to follow on the directions that Desmond's newer memories from an older Ezio sent us to, all the way on the other side of the world, somewhere called America, per Hastings' explanation. It's also a coincidence that this man is William Miles, Desmond's father.

We all stand inside a white van, the previous truck forgotten in the mess in Italy, staring at Desmond who slowly opens his eyes. Excitement takes over me as I kneel beside him, gently pushing Mister Miles out of the way, Hastings and Crane standing on the other side.

I have not felt like this in thousands of generations, the feeling of failure and regret. Those, in another life, took out the monster that I grew up to be, now all it wakes is.... despair.

I didn't want this, despite my knowledge.

It's always the same excuse.

I shut my mind off as Desmond turns his head, glossy eyes darting everywhere.

"Look! His vitales are stabilizing.. he's moving!." Crane calls out gently, everyone spectating his return.

"Desmond, can you hear me?." His father gently calls out, his son turning his head to me and then to his right arm, which glows with similar markings to mine, the only difference is that his are blue. The Apple reacts to this at the same time.

He returns his sight to me and lifts his glowing arm towards me, I grasp my right one with his, the warm glow of blue and gold illuminating the dark vehicle.

"Deimos.. I know what we need to do." He emphasizes on the 'we' as his big eyes stare into mine. I grasp his arm tighter and allow myself to be open by placing my left hand on the side of his face.

"Calm, Ο αδερφός μου, one step at a time, yes? Everything in due time." We keep our arms locked while I zone out as my hand leaves his face and grasp his jacket. [My brother.]

My heart hurts and yearns at the same time. It hurts for the destiny that was reserved for such a young person. But it yearns for the ending I was denied too many centuries ago, the one that now sits on my fingertips.

Why can't life be fair?.