87 | 𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐧

"After yesterdays panic attack, I don't think it's prudent to keep this up, even Bill was noticeably worried when I shared the summary." Rebecca taps away on her computer, Shaun's eyes focused on a file on his desk.

I lean against the backrest of her chair, placing my hands on her shoulders and shaking her slightly, just like she likes to do with us.

"I won't let them get a hold of me, Becs. If I don't do this, they will come even in my dreams, no doubt. We already know it was—is—his essence, what's controlling the sword and therefore, me. I have to think of an idea of how to get rid of it, but in the mean time, I don't think it's fair for you all to not see the culmination of my story. It has to continue, we're not far from ending this." She sighs and looks back at Shaun, the man running his fingers over his eyes.

"She's right. We can't let this go unfinished, William won't be too pleased if that happens. Leave the thinking to us, yeah? Go in there and put an end to their tyranny." He rises from the chair and hides the file underneath a stack of papers, making me frown slightly.

"You're on board with this? And what's in that file? I saw you hiding it." He stops briefly but fixes his glasses and runs a hand through his hair, coming over to me and kissing my forehead.

"After much thinking, I can't control you, and even if I could, I wouldn't. You're your own person, with your own thoughts, wants and needs and nothing will change that. Yes I'm afraid for you and what they could do, but you're strong, and whatever happens you'll defeat them. If you did it once, you can do it again. And that file's nothing important, it just deserves to be tossed under a stack of papers for the loss of time it gave me." He runs his thumb over my left eye and slightly squeezes my waist with the other hand.

I smile and let the matter go, not wanting to start a fight over something as trivial as a piece of paper. I turn to Rebecca and without a word, hop into the Animus in front of her, getting ready to finish this quickly and throughly.

"Alright, we're in the homestretch now, playing Memory 9, Sequence 1." The scenery changes on to a plain field.

The plain lands around me are hot even under the moonlight, the heat of the sun being too much for the night to chill out. I grimace as I step on a pointy rock, the end jabbing my silver foot, a string of curses falling from my lips.

I sigh and look around, the far view of a vineyard and the slaves' village close by bringing me a sense of calm, having liking being close to the humans since I was a young girl, the race offering more sense of protection than my own people ever did.

Even though they were treated terribly, to the brink of death and exhaustion, they were still humble towards one another and me, I don't remember receiving threats or glares from them, except the rebels. Hold on.. rebels.

I look back and up at the far silhouette of the Palace at the top of Mount Olympus, rage consuming me after Zeus' words come to life.

'Casted out and banished from Olympus, banned from stepping foot on Greece.'

You want me out of Greece? Very well, but I have one last act to play.

I muster up courage and run in an eastward direction, towards the wheat crops. I take to the fastest route and go through the forest, jumping and running with skill between the tree branches and doing heavy parkour when needed be.

My body rolls in the ground as I fall down, expertly avoiding an injury. I rise from the kneeling position and continue running, a few minutes pass before the outline of the crops come into view, determination making me run faster.

I sneak around the guards by getting inside the crops, the tall but already dying food giving me enough cover to find my way around towards the middle house in the village. I look around once I arrive to the door, knocking frivolously. Voices are heard from inside and they get closer to the door, this one opening up slightly, an eye looking through the crack.