84 | 𝐚𝐞𝐬𝐢𝐫 - 𝐨𝐥𝐲𝐦𝐩𝐢𝐚𝐧 𝐰𝐚𝐫

[play when prompted]

"I.. have no words. I'm sorry, Dee." I say nothing as I take in everything that went down in a whole day.

"Playing.. uh, Memory 8, Sequence 1." The world around me fades and turns into another forest, this one still having a few bushes leaf and giving me cover.

I watch from afar how the Æsir get their weapons ready, their stance being anxious and fearful, never having a war being so close with such short time for preparations. Some complete their watch duty and change positions with their partners, taking their helmets off and running silver hands on their hairs.

The night keeps getting more intense as war horns play out in the darkness, enveloping the lonesome valley with the sound of impending death. Soldiers scream as they grab their weapons, a figure of high authority coming out of the only tent in the camp.

"Brothers, in this night we fight to maintain in control. Our name has been dragged through the dirt and we will not let them take what is ours, from our honor, to our home. We will fight to the death. Bring Olympus down!." Odin screams while putting on his helmet, a fitted piece of armor protecting his body.

The soldiers scream and bang their weapons against the shields or helmets, momentarily loosing the state of fright they had just moments prior. Odin mounts a horse and marches off, his highest ranking soldiers doing the same while the rest run behind their leader.

I wait until the camp is deserted and spring from the bushes, getting inside the place and rummaging around the scraps of food they left behind, having not eaten all day. I look back when the horns play again, the haunting sound of death knocking being ten times worse during the cover of the night.

How could this happen? How and why did my father see the Nexus? He had no business meddling in my life affairs? How was this able to happen during a whole day? Better yet..

Is Loki alright?.

I will my mind to stop the incessant questions as I drop the bag Minerva gave me and look inside, my throat closing in a breath. A piece of white and gold armor being inside alongside my Kukri and an Apple. I dump the contents on the floor and look at them closely, never having seen this piece of armor before.

I take the apple in hand and activate it, the markings around it softly glowing, a voice coming from within.

'My dear Deimos, I made you this armor with the help of a Piece of Knowledge, what I've seen in the Nexus.. your lifespan surviving the imminent threat.. it moved me to fabricate this for you. To protect you in what's to come now, and in the far days, for you are the chosen one in the task of keeping us alive, or whatever the cosmos have saved for you. In truth, I was going to fabricate something as a wedding gift, but that doesn't matter now, what matters is your survival. I promise I'll look into what happened for you to survive so long, but for now, stay safe. With care, Minerva." I let my hand drop after her message, her tone being softer and understanding in contrast to my mother, who left me behind instead of advocating for my life.

I toss the Apple in the bag again and look at the armor, grabbing a piece and untiring the knots that hold it together, putting it on my body expertly, as if it is second nature.

I place the waist part on and tie it as well followed by the sandals that hold armor for the shins. I stand and adjust the straps, the comfortable fit surprising me a bit. I strap the Kukri in a small fitted holster on my right hip, having the weapon more accessible.

The horns sound again, but the sound ends abruptly, the battle having gotten to the watchtowers that guard the entrance to Asgard. I have to do something.. these people can't die for my mistakes. The Æsir are innocent..