68 | 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐝𝐮𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬

I play with my shoulder blade-length white hair, looking for ways to tame and style it other than a halfhearted bun. I sigh as I let my arms slump, getting tired of having my arms up for so long, looking out the window and over to the suns position. A little over midday, malàka.

I head downstairs while grumbling, my fathers belongings being gone alongside my brothers' the 'men of the family' disappearing for the rest of the day, the eldest two only to surely come back late while spotting suction marks on their necks, markings pulsating at the lack of blood flow.

And from there, will come Màter's incessant fights with the two of them, with Phobos on how he can't mark the name of the family by being seen in public, and Pàter on how he can't do this to her, to find a place to sleep since he's not welcome, only to then scream out the whole malàkes night. The same routine..

Every damn time.

I think about my friend in the human village, how are his wounds? Are they grave? Is he receiving medical attention? I have to know, who leaves a companion behind in times of need?.

I go to ascend the stairs again to make a grand escape, but I'm stopped as the door opens up frivolously, my fathers face red in anger, markings glowing furiously. I cower back by instinct, knowing that his wrath is soon to be on the loose.

"Grab your weapon, Deimos. We have a delinquent on the loose in one of the crops. Move it!." I hurry to my room and open a drawer, revolving everything inside and fishing out the Kukri knife that he gave me as a present for my sixteenth birthday.

I snatch the small holster from a hanger in the wall and place it around my thigh, securing the weapon in its place. I opted out to have it in an easily accesible place if something ever went wrong than in the hip, no need to hang it there if it's not even long enough.

I exit the house while shouting to mother that I'm needed, receiving no reply from the woman. She's out of the house, of course.

I ignore my annoyance and follow my father, his lonesome figure walking too fast for my liking.

"A rundown? Where are my brothers?." I ask while running, his extensive height being a disadvantage to my scrawny figure.

"A disgusting human is stealing from the wheat crops, màlaka disappeared in the middle of the night. As if this is not enough, the crops coincide with the border of Asgard. So we also have them on our backs." I raise a brow, partly worried about whoever this human is, and also for hearing that the Æsir are in the scene.

"And why do I come into this? All parties involved have eagle vision, I do not see why I am of any use." The view of the crops and the crowd of people—human and gods alike—come into view while we ascend the hill.

"We found many footprints leading in different directions, we're not sure how, because it is confirmed to be only one person. I need you to track this imbecile down and bring him to us." I go to bite back at just how will I do such tremendous job on my own, but decide against it when we both step close to the scene.

I discreetly look around the crowd of humans, their bodies glistening just the same from the marking they bare as well as the heat of the blazing sun. I let a breath escape when I catch sight of the person who took a whip in my defense just weeks ago.

His face sports anguish, fading black spots in his body still being visible. His eyes meet with mine and his eyebrows relax, being pleased on seeing me after such a long time. I nod at him, letting him know that I still cherish his presence, him doing the same, blonde shaggy hair obstructing his view momentarily.

"Look around, this is what we came to. This part of the crops have been completely ransacked, and the footprints lead into the foliage." I activate my sixth sense and am momentarily blinded by the amount of gold in the ground, the world around me fading to a dark blue.