71 | 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐮𝐧𝐭

"Alright, we got clearance to continue with this. To not make the same visions from a few days ago come back. For the rest of the sessions, we'll keep you in there for thirty minutes. I admit.. I panicked and ended up making everything worse by pulling you out abruptly. So I'm sorry for that. Ready?." Comes from Rebecca as I lay in the Animus again, the whiteness of the headspace giving me a sense of calm.

"I am. And you're forgiven, Becs." A set of clicks is heard and the space disappears slowly, taking form of new memories.

"Playing Memory 2, Sequence 2." She announces and the new setting takes place, the view of the Palace in the background setting a calm atmosphere.

I walk up the steps towards the place, my father invoking my name earlier this morning for some job that needed to be done. I fix my Kukri holstered in my thigh, getting ready for whatever he's got for me.

I finish ascending and come to face a group of guards, various people behind them, they salute me and let me through, my father turning once he hears my footsteps. A group of men turn as well, the faces of Thor and Loki coming to view, the latter smiling at me.

I hold the urge to do the same as I look at my father, expecting a rundown of whatever happened here.

"A Piece of Knowledge was stolen, the Capitoline Triad have requested the services of the finest trackers of both Æsir and Olympian tribes." I nod when I finally understand the urgency of the meeting.

"This happened during the night, while the fabrication process was put on hold for the slaves to rest. The Triad says that when work was resumed this morning, they found a Piece missing, and noticed that the traps had not been disturbed." Says Loki, the man looking at everyone intendedly.

"Someone with expertise, perhaps. What Piece was it?." I ask, receiving a glare from my father.

"A Staff. They keep it in their collection to add power to their knowledge, as well as a sacred object." Responds the same man, his look going past the judgmental one from Ares, acknowledging my word.

"We are tasked to find it, no matter the cost. A valuable item cannot spend too much time away from home. And they surely looked aggravated when we were called." Says Thor, the man looking around expectingly.

I cross my arms, getting ready to follow orders. Loki signals to the Triad's workplace behind him, inciting to follow him. I look at a statue composed of three of the most respected scientific figures in Olympus, wondering if I'll be able to meet these people like many other gods have.

Yes, many, except women who aren't married.

I groan silently as I remembered a time where I asked Màter about them, the woman saying she had met them briefly soon after marrying my father, the Triad being the ones to read a small fraction of ones future, similar to the Æsir's Norn's.

It's been twenty five years since then, Phobos having been born a year after.

We walk inside and I take the liberty to look around, never having seen such technology. A hard tug from my arm brings me to slight squeal, terror in my bones and markings in my arm going haywire as my fathers tall frame takes a hold of me.

"Women are not permitted, stay here and do not cause a ruckus." Of fucking course, malàka.

He lets me go as he shoves me to the entry, hitting the backside of a guard in the process. I apologize and walk back, the sun hitting my skin as I look inside as best as possible, Loki's figure looking back at the doors, a look of uncomfortableness in his face.

I turn and sigh, feeling down that even though I'm called to solve cases, I still don't have liberty to even look at the scene. I walk to a tree and sit under it, a leg propped up with my knee up high, people passing by me and not acknowledging my presence, like always. I fiddle with a stick, ripping pieces from in and breaking those into smaller ones.