26 | 𝐭𝐰𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐬

November 28, 2013

A month since we saw those videos, month that I've had nothing but fear cursing through me. Every day that I step foot inside this forsaken company is a day that I feel more rage towards them, and fear for her.

Rebecca's told me to not give it much thought, after all, she's a powerful being and can take care of herself. But for how long? She is surely stripped of her weapons and armor, making her extremely vulnerable to them.

Rebecca strolls in wearing an orange outfit, still disguised as an Abtergo courier, short hair ruffled by the cap sitting on her head. She places her arms on the counter and glances at me, signaling for a coffee, I scoff.

"I thought my coffees were bad?." She shakes her head and brings out her communicator.

"Nothing can be worse than what will happen today." Chills run down my spine at her somber hushed tone.

"Apparently they've scheduled an unforeseen event today, literally just minutes ago. All it says is that every employee and visitor must be in the lobby at ten this morning to and I quote, 'witness history unfold before your eyes'. They want everyone to see, something's not right." She looks up to me, my attention being focused on the other people reading the same message on their devices, some showing excitement while others are skeptical.

I automatically look at my watch, the time displayed being nine fifty three. I shake my head and go to prepare her beverage, a gut wrenching feeling taking over. For them to have meetings is nothing new, but scheduling one that is seven minutes away with no prior intention is suspicious, if not, completely frightening.

What will they unveil? These blood vials? Information on some new project?.

My thoughts are interrupted as John Standish's figure comes from nowhere and stands beside Rebecca, the woman being weary of him and getting a bit far back. Just because he's our main operative on the inside doesn't mean we trust him fully, you never know who's hiding behind a mask.

"Was having a good time on the network when I got that shit meeting notice, what do you think it is?." He asks, his heterochromatic eyes staring into our souls, literally.

"Whatever it is, we have to be alert. It could be a new game of theirs, or a console. Something like that, they go all in for calling these movies and games like our organization and saying that they are 'making history' when in reality they're just cutting off the whole ancestor experience and giving us a bad name. Making us look like murderers and shit." The woman answers not looking up from the cup that's been placed in the counter a few minutes ago.

Before I can retort to that, the slender figure of a red haired woman, the ever obnoxious and self centered Melanie Lemay, steps out of the elevator alongside the CCO of Abstergo, Olivier Garneau. Both have wide grins on their faces as everyone starts to bundle around the lobby, eager to see what they have to announce.

We all stay where we are, huddled against the stand as we look outside as best we can, the figure of a van and a large crowd of people dressed in black being the only visible thing.

"Ladies and gentlemen, scientists and doctors, technicians and couriers, baristas and general staff. We have a beautiful announcement to show. You all know that Abstergo Entertainment is all about the secure preservation and demonstration of our past, ours and our ancestors. We have gathered many beautiful but tragic stories revolving around the Assassin and formidable Templar cause, many of you have played the most loved one for your knowledge, with Aveline de Grandpré being a strong and smart young girl, admired by all." She smiles as she turns, addressing everyone around her.

I roll my eyes as I fix my glasses, anxiety eating me up already in anticipation.

"But we have found more than just Aveline, more than any secret organization could ever hope to have in their hands. We have found a new host for newer, richer memories." The older man stands proudly as Melanie takes a walkie-talkie and orders to 'bring it in'.