75 | 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐝𝐬 𝐛𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠

"That's my sister, putting that cocky bastard in his place. Good job, queen." I hear from Rebecca as the memory finishes, the female synchronizing the next one.

"Alright, I found Memory 4, Sequence 1. Let's get on with this." The still frame of my figure walking away disappears, giving way to a new set of memories.

74,969 BCE
Fourteen years later...

I walk while keeping my eyes peeled, the crowded streets of the market not being the best place to walk around in this time of day. Many natives and foreigners buying trinkets and ornaments that represent Greece and our customs, the festivities to the yearly celebration to The Twelve being tonight.

I look behind me as I cover my head from the sun with a hood, the heat making me sweat even worse than it ever did. I clean a bead from my temple and continue my journey, searching for a man with a low beard and long braided hair.

A few people collide with me, apologizing quickly and hurrying to the next stalls in fear of an item of their interest disappearing forever in the hands of another buyer. I shake my head as I get on my tiptoes, trying to spot my partner with eagle vision, a dash of gold appearing suddenly.

I cheer in my mind and smile, having finally found him. I gently push people aside, getting to him in a matter of minutes, his face going from nervousness to calmness at my sight. I bring my hood back slightly to see him clearly.

"I could not find the armorer's stall, there are too many disturbances to the eye. I am sorry." I say while holding onto his offered arm, not wanting to get swallowed by the sea of people.

"It's alright, the dagger can wait until tomorrow to be fixed, we still have to get to the Palace though. Were you hurt in that stampede?." We walk away, snaking around the crowd to make it to the other side.

"Just pushed around, nothing major." After what feels like eternity we emerge from the crowd, breathing heavily as we clean the sweat from our foreheads, the density of the population not helping in this extreme heat.

We continue the short walk towards the Palace entrance, the place giving us a steady and cool shade to hide from the sun. Servants offer us drinks, to which I gladly accept one and take a large gulp, the kitchen staff having been ordered to serve a bigger quantity of drinks, the heat making the cold wintery Greek land loose the ice that had adorned our streets for generations.

I feel how my heart starts to beat at a normal rate, the man beside me turning to check me over.

"Are you really well, my dove? You got pale, suddenly. I was afraid you would faint on me." He runs his knuckles over my cheek, the gentleness in his words calming my racing and scared heart.

"I am well, Týr. No need to worry. I am fine now." I grab his hand carefully, taking it away from my face ever so slowly, the mans devotion and affection being a little too much for me.

The Æsir smiles and snakes that hand to my back, knowing to not go under the limit and remaining like a gentleman. The door to the grand hall opens suddenly, the hinges squeaking loudly, I raise my brows, never having heard the door making such a ruckus, the God of Lightening not being fond of his home falling apart.

The man himself walks alongside my father—who for the first time in his life—looks pleased to see me. We bow in reverence when the monarch stands in front of us, a nod coming from the ever silent man.

"Feel honored, for today, you will see what your future as a family holds." He says, beard swaying over his belly with each word.

"I am sorry, grandfather. Future? Is that not.. after marriage? We are not even engaged yet." Zeus chuckles lightly, the man seeing my confusion.