55 | 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐚𝐜𝐫𝐢𝐟𝐢𝐜𝐞

Nighttime envelopes London as we make our way inside the hidden bunker under Buckingham Palace, where the Shroud was located in by the Initiate. We all walk inside after forcing the doors open, coming up on a small pedestal, the Piece hidden inside.

I grab Galina's hand—the woman making a move to retrieve the artifact—and bring her behind me, a look of confusion on her face.

"All of you must hide, I will deal with Berg." Rebecca fixes her bracer while stepping in front of me.

"We won't let you do this on your own, Dee. He'll strike the first chance he gets." I lightly push her shoulders back, towards a random direction in the vast space.

"Please, he's expecting all of us, but I have to hand him the Shroud. I need to end this, and I won't focus if you're all out in the open." Galina doesn't protest as she shrugs and turns, taking high ground and hiding behind a pillar close to the entrance.

Rebecca only nods, remembering that I fought Bishop because of this, and knowing that I won't fight them over something that's been on the go since my escape from Abstergo.

Shaun snakes an arm around me and turns me to him, giving me a deep and passionate kiss. I caress the nape of his neck and lightly push him away, wanting to finish this as fast as possible.

"Be careful." He kisses my forehead, lacing his hand with mine, not wanting to let go.

"I'll be fine. I have my sword and you watching my back." I say as I grab the hilt of the weapon, a loose smile on his lips, the hidden blade still under repairs.

He fades behind the pillars with natural ease, probably going closer than intended to the pedestal. I walk with apprehension, feeling the raw energy emanating from the Piece at the distance. I put the hood of my dark blue coat down, the rest of the attire being of the same dolor with deep purple accents and combat boots, allowing for mobility. I take a brief second to bless Rebecca for her thoughtfulness on the matter.

I stand and firmly grasp the cover of the pedestal, bringing it up and revealing the ever glowing cloth. I take it in my hands and wince, a surge of power going through me, symbols similar to the Apple's appearing, hushed voices accompanying it.

I don't pay attention to the revolt of the old voices, but rather in the hard steps that come down the stairs we just came from, the sheer loudness being from only one person.

"At last I found you." He mutters softly, the man appearing like he's fighting a thousand invisible wars.

I turn, the Shroud still clasped in my hands, his eyes red and dark circles adorning his features.

"I can see that it's worse?." He sighs softly and nods, his daughters ailments physically affecting him.

"Spoke with her mother last night.. she's stopped eating." My heart breaks for the girl, imagining her frail figure clutching her mothers body while asking where her father is.

I walk toward him, fighting the wave of angry voices that consume my ears. I present him the glowing Shroud, its colors visibly luring the man to the object.

"Do as I say, and she will live. Place the Shroud around her, cover her as if she's extremely cold.. it'll do the rest." He raises his hands slowly, going to grab the Piece, but I gently recoil, apprehension in his features.

"Do not dwell on the Templars, for this isn't for them. You leave this place and run to her, and do what you have to. You'll know it worked." I gently place it on his awaiting hands, but before I can let it go, the man grabs my wrist gently.

"I'm thankful, greatly, for what you've done." I nod, glad to finally be placing an end to all my ties with the Templar Order.

"I'm not doing this for you, but rather for that small girl. Let it be known that my debt has been repaid in final.. I'm not affiliated or tied to you any longer, as you are with me." I step back, the man holding me tighter, making my markings glow even more, accompanied by the glow of the sword and Shroud.