95 | 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐟𝐥𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐠𝐨𝐥𝐝𝐞𝐧 𝐰𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐬

Rome, Italy

June 24, 2018

Deimos

Rebecca walks around me, fixing strands of my hair as she adjusts the tie that binds two long pieces behind my head, white hair flowing with the light breeze coming in from the open window.

"Alright, almost set and done. Just gotta get the final piece and we can go." She walk off and a knock comes to the door, a gruff voice coming from the other side.

"It's Bill." I let him come in and he walks in, locking the door behind him.

He's dressed in a casual outfit, dress pants accompany a buttoned up dress shirt and a suit jacket over him tops it off. He smiles as he watches me, hands clasped in front of him.

"My God you look gorgeous, Shaun's gonna have a heart attack in the altar. But I'm sure he'll come back quickly." He jokes as he takes my hands in his delicately.

"I'm sure you'll be there to record the moment for his file, it'll go down in history." He smirks at the thought, the old man having a hidden playful side.

"Ceremony's about to start, and he's not growing anymore patient. The invites are here as well. We're waiting on you." Rebecca's shoes are heard through the place as she comes running, a thin box in her hand.

"Found it! Almost couldn't reach the damn thing, why'd you put it so far up?." I chuckle as the running joke of Rebecca's height keeps running its course.

"I like to see you struggle, not everything is handed over, Becs." She flips me off and sets the box down on the dresser beside me, opening it to find the last piece of my attire.

A golden olive wreath made of lightweight metal.

She takes it gently in her hands, turning to me and carefully placing it on my head, just like I taught her on how it's supposed to be.

She draws back and smiles greatly, fixing a strand of her own hair that fell into her view.

"I swear, if Shaun for some dumb ass reason says no, I'll say yes, queen." I laugh and shake my head, William rolling his eyes at her antics.

"Thank you, Bill. If not for you, I wouldn't have this piece that means so much to me." He shakes his head, a gentle smile on his face.

"It's nothing. I made sure to look for the best armorers in the creed to build it. You deserve only the best after so much." Rebecca claps her hands as she motions to the clock, grabbing a few of her belongings and standing by the door.

"We have to go, or I don't think he'll actually survive, like at all." William offers me his arm, and I loop mine with his, the action and the significance behind this not going past me.

We walk for a few minutes, the way from the safe house we took up being a short walk away from the ruins of the Roman Coliseum.

We selected the place given the attachment and significance the place had for us, it was the first time I was out of hiding, and where all of us as a team set on to the most difficult path in all our journey.