69 | 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐡𝐚𝐥𝐥

"Okay, Dee. I'll pull." I panic at Rebecca's voice, becoming too engrossed in the memory. I will my voice to come through on her computer, my body being asleep to help me concentrate more.

"No, I can keep going. I can hold." Murmurs are heard all through the glitching still frame of Loki and I in that village forest.

"It's not wise to do so. The Bleeding Effect will." I interrupt William, the man's voice sounding concerned.

"I'll know what it can do, I'll take the risks. I just want to finish this fast. Play the next memory." I hear someone sigh and mumble something, probably wondering why are they following the words of a person who killed a few Assassins the day before.

"Playing Memory 2, Sequence 1." Becs stern voice comes through, the image before me disappearing.

The image of us disappears and forth comes the frame of the Palace, the white and golden rims making the place look more like a tale. Precursors and their human servants roam the streets, not paying attention to my walking frame.

I follow my parents closely, brothers on each side as we make our way inside, the rays of the setting sun enveloping the lobby in a mix of purple, pink and orange. I politely salute those around me, a few known relatives roaming around the place with cups of wine in their hands.

We walk over to the grand hall, where the majority of attendees are gathered. We walk up straight to the big throne, where the god with an ever powerful lightning bolt pulsating in his hand sits, white beard already reaching his chest and hair reaching his shoulders.

We bow down, honoring the monarch of our land.

"Great Zeus, receive a salute from my family and I. May your greatness be ever multiplied." We place our left fist over our right breasts, our silver skin making slight noise in reverence.

The older man nods ever so slightly, deep within being fond of his family reuniting after weeks of postponing this event. This is the news he wanted to deliver yesterday, but the message was delivered via messenger, since we got stuck with the crop incident.

We walk to a corner of the room, where I sigh lowly, knowing that the next hours will be listening to random chatter with themes I frankly couldn't care less about.

I get offered a cup of wine, which I so graciously grab while thanking the servant, he dips his head and walks off, serving other guests. I go to take a sip of the beverage, but a hand stops me as the glass is pulled away. I look beside me to find Phobos' antagonistic ass taking a swig of what was supposed to be my drink.

"You are too young to drink this, sister. Let the adults have it." I huff and look over to Eros, the boy having run off to the snack table. Or rather to the drink table beside the snack one.

"Yet a fifteen year old boy can?." He looks back at where I signal with my head, his eyes opening like saucers.

"Eros, you fool!." He waltzes over and scolds the smallest of the family. Or hopefully he's doing so, knowing the man, he's probably calculating how many drinks he can have before our parents see him in an drunk state.

I calmly take a few steps away, not wanting to be beside my parents like a grounded child. I salute everyone silently, not really wanting to be involved in conversations.

You're already asking for too much if you speak to me, like, no; don't do that.

A hand gets placed in my shoulder, prompting me to turn, a relieved smile coming to my face.

"How's my favorite little niece!." The orange reddening color of his markings is enough to make me feel comfortable.

"Grandfather Hades, it has been some time. How have you been?." He's the only one I feel comfortable with having a conversation, the man always letting me express myself whoever I see fit.