61 | 𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

May 6, 2016

I click away in my keyboard, bored out of my mind for the first time in the years that I've been with the Assassins, the never ending task of editing database entries being a pain in the ass. An Initiate in Brazil needing our constant help with an extensive project being taken in the country.

Rebecca sits on her desk beside mine, legs propped up on one another while slowly eating baby carrots, a little bowl of ranch sauce on the side with some bottled water, her attention being drawn to the Brazilians' memories.

"Imma tell you from now, I don't even know what I'm doing. This isn't our Bureau, why am I watching this?." She breaks the silence while carelessly throwing a carrot in a plate, a frown of annoyance in her features.

"You are supposed to help the 'ever insightful' Bishop to notice whatever gets lost on her eye." She scoffs loudly, tired of hearing the fastidious name of the ever fastidious woman, her distaste for the leader of the Initiates being palpable.

"Well she doesn't need me, she's been marking every little detail like a psycho. Even things that are not relevant. It doesn't make sense." She sips on her water, trying to find some sense in her job today.

"Of course it doesn't, until you remember that she received a warning from William giving her an only chance to actually do her job and not question personal decisions. Her position is in absolute peril, she's marking everything because she wants to appear like a workaholic and not a snitching lunatic in immediate need of an asylum." She snickers at my explanation, choking on her beverage in the process.

I roll my eyes and leave the keyboard momentarily, hitting the woman's back frivolously to help her regain control of her breathing, as well as to help the gulp of water to clear her airways.

And because hitting Rebecca upside has been on my bucket list since I met her, but she doesn't need to know that.

I cough a bit to hide a laughter at my train of thoughts, the woman side eyeing me as she grabs a paper towel and cleans her mouth, prompting me to draw my hand back. She grumbles something underneath her breath while cleaning her workspace, stopping quickly when Bill's figure enters the room, a handful of files on his hands.

More work.

I mentally sigh, not having the time today to go and see Deimos. I know Becs feels the same as she eyes me, a look of displeasure on her face.

"I know you two will probably hate me, but we need to keep our eyes on the Templars again, they're talking about some expedition in the Middle East, where exactly is unknown but we need to keep our ears pealed for their movements." He drops a file on each of our desks, dropping the rest on the others for when the assassins on patrol return.

I open the file and am met with a couple of faces, Sophia Rikkin, Juhani Otso Berg, Victoria Bibeau and Layla Hassan. I look over every single one, wanting briefly to set fire to Berg's picture before moving forward to the next the females, a blonde woman, looking to be in her early thirties and a young, brown haired one, no older than mid thirties.

Bibeau, part of the Templar Oder and working as a psychiatrist and researcher. Hassan, part of the Order as well, researcher and subordinate of.. Alvaro Gramática!?. I look up to William when the information enters my brain in full.

"This woman, she works with Gramática! Could she be linked to Project Rebirth?." The older man shrugs, doubt in his eyes.

"Can't say for sure, but those are the names that the team in Alexandria have been getting nonstop for the past weeks, they dug around and found this brief information. It serves enough to know who we could be dealing with at some point." I tuck the file atop my desk, keeping it safe to start memorizing details from now.