47 | 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐦𝐢𝐱

November 23, 2015

Deimos

I open the door to the office, the lockpicking techniques taught by William serving me right. I celebrate mentally and open the glass door, stepping in and opening the window at the far corner of the room, my companions jumping inside.

"Took you long enough." Rebecca whispers, sarcasm eating away at her tone.

"It's not like I can crawl on the damn walls. Malàka." I shove her inside and help Shaun climb in, the man smiling widely and fixing his clothes, thanking me in the process.

I walk around carefully, not wanting to trigger any possible hidden alarms. Shaun passes by me and brushes his shoulder with mine, coming up to inspect a bookshelf behind me. Butterflies fill my stomach as his newly changed form stands close, the strong but not overbearing scent of cologne filling my senses.

"Out of everything in here, you check a bookshelf?." Is the only thing that comes from me as I establish a conversation.

"Could be hiding an important file between them.. or Rebecca's mental health records, but they're definitely hiding something." I chuckle at his remark and of Rebecca's sudden turn, anger in her eyes that quickly dissipates as she takes sight of us. I furrow my brows at this.

"Fuck you, asshole. Come here and help me. Dee, keep watch?." I whisper a yes and walk around the room, staying close to the door to keep an ear out for talking.

I look around anxiously, not exactly pleased that I'm standing inside Templar grounds again, the memories of my time with them being far more terrifying than what I care to admit.

I ball my hand in a fist and release the pressure, doing so a few times to calm my racing heart. I quietly pat the gun holstered in the belt of the clothes given by a few female Assassins, making sure it's in its desired spot. A sudden heat wave takes over me, my heart racing, lungs burning and ears sharp, not wanting to spend a second longer in this place.

"Rebecca, please hurry, I don't want to be here." I take the liberty to express my discomfort while running my sweaty and shaky hands on the clothing.

"I know Dee. Just a bit more, the network today's a bit wonky." She continues to fiddle with her communicator, trying to connect the Templar Network with ours in an encrypted line.

"We were in such a rush that I forgot to say, you look stunning like that. These colors fit you." I look beside me at Shaun's close figure, the man whispering to keep the words from Crane's ears.

A new kind of heat washes over my face, my mind drifting from the current situation. I smile sheepishly and nod, not use to this sort of treatment.

"Well.. ah, thank you. You look.. handsome as well. The change was unexpected." He smiles and gets his ears pink, getting flustered by my words.

A few days after the amusement park incident, he started to act strangely, sneaking off to who knows where, sometimes with Rebecca or alone. And closing himself off from the world in his room. I remember being afraid that I had driven him away with my actions, but curiously a few days after speaking with Becs, he started to become his normal self, occasionally running off.

I have even come to think that he's keeping a relationship hidden. Him and Rebecca? That sounds more like death and chaos than anything, but if so..

My heart beats uncontrollably, hurting even a few times. Are they together?.

His facial expression changes as my face falls, but Rebecca's voice brings us back to our task.

"Hey Bishop! Jacob and Evie Frye are twins. How awesome is that!." The woman in charge gives her a few commands, the girl putting a small drone and turning it on, giving live feed to the onlookers.