70 | 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐥𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬

"Okay, that's enough now!." I hear as the vision of the past fades, a worried face greeting me as I wake up.

I sit abruptly, being scared when all sounds merge together, the teams voices being a mumbled mess. A female shadowy figure crouches beside me, eyes boring into my skull. I breathe when her body takes shape.

"You didn't follow my advice, my guidance. And now you're here, in this miserable place, when you could be standing beside us in Elysium, sitting in your own throne just like you wanted." She disappears as Shaun comes in my field of view holding something up to my nose, the smell making me draw back abruptly, the figure disappearing.

"Oh thank God almighty." Comes from Rebecca, the woman not cussing for the first time in ages.

"You spent thirty minutes in there. You stayed too long, now we have to wait for an Effect episode to pass to shove you in there again." Says William, a stern look in his eyes.

I go and gently shove Shaun's hand away, the smell of the alcohol pad being too much for my senses. I shakily grab his hand and pry it away, rubbing my thumb over it to soothe his nerves.

"Okay, so.. Greek and Norse mythology were true.. in a way. Both races were Precursors, all of them godlike. Thor with Mjölnir, Zeus with a lighting bolt, Loki shape shifting. So all of them were real." Shaun looks at Becs, incredulity in his face.

"Well no shit. Did you forget the clothing she had when we found her? Christ, you're a twat." He shakes his head, the man being aggravated by the memories more than I am.

"I'm just saying! I didn't think the deal was this big, much less that Asgard and all the like were gonna be involved." I run a hand on my forehead, a headache kicking in.

Shaun stands and taps my shoulders, hooking a hand on my elbow as he rises.

"Headache's kicking in, I'll make you a brew while you go and have a nice, refreshing shower, yeah? Becs, make her some company while I go and make a remedy." Rebecca stands from her spot behind the Animus, hooking an arm with me and bringing me slowly to my room.

We walk in comfortable silence, the taps of our shoes in the concrete being the only noise flowing around. She opens the door once there and lets me in first, leaving it ajar for Shaun and brings me into the bathroom, closing the door behind her.

I turn and look at her, expecting her to leave, but rather finding the woman giving me a lopsided smile.

"Excuse you?." I say, sarcasm in my voice despite the pounding pain.

"What? We both have tits, you think I shower without seeing mine? Come on, in you go, sis." She urges me while I chuckle, her foul thoughts always lighting the room regardless of the situation.

I take the shirt off and place it on the sink, followed by the shoes, pants and socks, and stepping into the shower. I open the faucet and the cold water hits my skin, making me sigh in relief, having become fond of such amenity.

"Forgive me if I ask but.. is he the asshole responsible for playing with you?." I close my eyes, nodding even though the female can't see me clearly from the pixilated glass.

"Yes." I say while shoving my face in the water, this one helping very little with the pain.

"That's.. sad, actually. He looked so handsome, such a gentleman and from there I could see that he peaked your interest quickly. We all could." I bring my head back and look to the side a bit.

"Shaun?." She scoffs, a little laugh following.

"Ah, he doesn't care. Or at least it looks like it. He didn't say much, he was just focused on you. I can imagine Shaun being a Precursor momentarily.. do you think he would've been approved?." I cover my blind eye as pain starts to envelope it.