28 | 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐛𝐢𝐝𝐝𝐞𝐧 𝐯𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐨

December 2, 2013

I hear nothing other than the constant hum of the AC as I lay unmoving on the bed, Rebecca's still form in a heavy dream on her side. I roll my eyes, as if having one of ours captured is bad enough, I also have to share a damn bed with little miss Einstein.

We received no word even though we stayed up as late as we could, the hope that news from Abstergo would ring through, but alas, the computer was shut off with nothing other than a system software update notification.

I turn and stare at a spot on the bedside table, where the hotel's alarm clock reads the current time.

3:24 am

I groan silently knowing full well that we have to get up as soon as five in the morning to get to our 'shifts', mine so far being the heaviest one since all the damn employees decide to completely ignore their fridge and pantries at home, especially the coffee maker.

I really hope they all get indigestion today, pack of assholes.

My troublesome thoughts get interrupted as my phone as well as Rebecca's light up, the blue flaming sword icon from the Hephaestus Network appearing two times in a row.

I hurriedly grab it and open the email with my credentials, coming face to face with a couple more of notifications.

banksGavin eliminated JohnS

JohnS has been blocked

Access restricted for JohnS

banksGavin: we have a situation, John Standish has been killed by the Templars. It is unknown if his involvement with us has been discovered, but for the moment, do not go back to Abstergo, the Initiate can take care of herself.

banksGavin: for what little info I've gathered from their messages, it sounds like it has something to do with someone named 'Juno' and the Initiate, not sure what the hell is going on, but it clearly means that we should stay as far as we can. Also, before this mess, he was able to finally send word on Deimos.

banksGavin sent an archive

banksGavin: for those of you who are fond or personally know her, these videos might be disturbing, but it's with great pain in my heart that I give this order to the Quebec infiltration team. Do NOT go back to Abstergo, we don't know if your positions have been compromised. Leave Canada as fast as possible, this could take a turn for the worse. Best of luck.

My heart speeds up at Gavin's messages, and for the turn of events with John. Juno living within Abstergo? What is she doing there? What did John have to do with her?.

All of these news scramble my already tired mind, but it is only now where his message clicks. The videos might be disturbing. Footage of their abuse to Deimos is sitting on my phone. I'm half tempted to watch, to know what have they have done. But another part of me doesn't in fear that I could not be able to listen to Gavin's words, and instead run down to that facility and bring her with me.

Us, bring her with us, I mean.

I turn and shake Rebecca violently, making the woman jolt from her sleep and for her mouth to start cussing at me. I only shove my phone in her face, her tantrum stopping as soon as she sees that messages have come forth. Her face hardens as she reads, shaking her head in denial.