63 | 𝐰𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐡

April 15, 2017

Deimos

'You reap what you sow.'

'Yet who caused the wrath of Ares and the Aesir-Olympian war?.'

'So this means that Ares' death was Zeus' fault?.'

'Be dammed forever those that evade death.'

I gasp as I open my eyes quickly, sweat forming a thin layer on my skin, markings glowing out of control. A quick look around me helps me fall in place and time.

I'm in Peru with the Assassins. Nothing to worry about.

I sit on the bed, taking the thin blanket off me, the heat being too much for my liking. My shaky legs fight to keep me upright, the vivid memories shaking me to my core. I take a deep breath to calm my ever racing heart and dress myself up, kindly stealing one of Shaun's long sleeve cotton shirts, the man being of bigger built than me, muscle wise of course.

I look back to the empty bed, the man having left in the morning to help Rebecca with synchronization problems, apparently the Animus not wanting to sync the data in time with the events. It was discussed yesterday, but all I heard this morning was a 'see you later' and got a kiss in the temple from him, my sleep idled mind not letting me register more words or actions.

I manage to tidy the place a bit before I leave, not wanting to leave a mess behind. A short walk to the bathroom is all I need to refresh myself, washing the sticky feeling from my face and being followed by my mouth.

A loud knock on the door makes me jolt, not expecting anyone to come through by their busy schedules. The knock keeps getting louder and louder as doubt clouds me. Shaun wouldn't do this, and Becs wouldn't be so desperate to use his personal bathroom, not even if her life depended on it.

'Deimos! Open this door, now!.' I let go of the toothbrush and spit the paste, shocked to hear his voice.

'What have you done? You could have stayed with the one chosen for you. What a disgrace!.' The door pounds again and I instinctively take a step back, not wanting to see him.

'Come out here and explain this! Or the Council will be involved.' The.. council is long gone.

I take a leap and open the door, the empty room being the only companion. I sigh and look around, my mind playing tricks on me. I rinse my mouth quickly and place the toothbrush back where it belongs, making a haste exit from the room. I walk quickly to the first place I go to every day, the armory.

After inserting the four digit PIN number in the lock pad, the door opens with a silent hiss, quickly letting me inside and I take the liberty to walk straight for the only thing that keeps the voices at bay.

I open the glass case and grab the sword, the hushed voices dwindling while its power runs through me, markings going back to their original glow. I sigh in contempt, having been able to shut them up quicker than last time.

He won't be pleased, but there's nothing I can do.

I turn and leave the room while tying the holster around my waist, the weapon heavy on my left hip. The stillness in my head leads me to the research lab, where various desks with a handful of computers surround Rebecca's version of the Animus, said female sitting in one with Shaun close to the other, William on a corner with a clipboard and a pen in hand while keeping his eyes on the Animus computer.

The older man takes sight of me first, his stoic expression turning soft at my presence, his father like figure greeting me with tow fingers on his forehead like a soldier.