36 | 𝐚 𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐚𝐫𝐤

It's been six days since the Templars set us up to start Project Rebirth, the animals having gone to do exactly as Otso said they would. Malàka of Lemay stormed the room while we were sleeping, scaring the shit out of us, ordered for proof straight away, leaving immediately after she saw the splotches of gold.

Every night we have the same routine, arrive at room two, he lets me have his leftover dinner he snuck in, grab a shower in the bathroom provided with the room—which is my favorite part—, and then just throw the clothes around and sleep. But each day that passes is a day that I spend cooking up a plan.

Many things have gone through my head, but the outcome is all the same, me dead, Otso dead, or both dead. I don't know if it's desperation, but lately I've thought about contacting them. There has to be a way.

To go up to an Animus or a random computer is a huge no, all the cameras in the building following my every move, Melanie behind them. To ask someone if I can use a computer will only grant me a nonstop shock. I'm at a loss.

I make my way towards Otso's office, having gotten close to the man, this one bringing me a sense of safety. I place a piece of white hair behind my ear, this one getting too long for my liking, I may have to find ways to keep it out of my face. A braid perhaps?.

I exit my thoughts as I come face to face with his doors, the man sitting on his desk, eyes fixed on his computer. I stop as I come to a realization. I hurry inside, visibly scaring the man as he jumps lightly and glares at me.

"Have you thought of anything?." I interrupt him before he can even mutter a sound, his expression going from mad to confused.

"What? You know I'm ransacking my brain apart everyday, and I still can't think of an excuse." I sit in front of him on his desk, playing it off as a rather private moment for everyone, when in reality I'm about to unleash a plan that came to mind just moments ago and has no secure structure.

"Help me leave Abstergo." He visibly flinches and starts to stand, a disapproving look on his face. I trap him by tangling my legs around his hips, not wanting the man to leave.

"The hell's wrong with you? That's a no from me, Little One. I'm sorry but no." I squeeze my legs harder, not wanting him to run off from me. I have to try.

"Please, Juhani! We'll make it look like an escape, we can cook up something, I know we can. Please, it's all I ask." He keeps looking behind me, his brows furrowing by the second.

"What of me if they go in the room and find that you're not there anymore? I will be demoted and will have repercussions." I angrily grab the collar of his jacket, taking advantage that he doesn't use the shock button on me. Hot tears prickle my eyes at the desperation, having been here enough.

"And what of me when they see that neither you, nor any man in this fucking world was able to leave me with a child! What of me when they see that all of this 'fertile' bullshit was a lie!? I will be strung up by the main doors, worse thing is being sent piece by piece to the Assassins! Juhani, please.. you do this for me and I'll be in your debt. Just help me leave this place.." Sobs choke my ability to speak, not wanting to keep this act up any longer.

I just want to go home, wherever that is. I want to be beside those people who I learned harshly are true friends, leaving me here to keep themselves safe. I'm grateful for Juhani's patience and understanding, but I'm in danger here with or without his protection, and that's a risk I can't take.

Desmond didn't die for me to become a toy for the Templars.

He sighs and grabs my fists, which are balled up on his jacket. He takes my head and brings it to his chest, the thrum of his heartbeat and the ever growing scent being welcomed. He says something in his native tongue, the same thing a few times in a row, I start to calm down by the sound of his voice.

"You want to return to them, is it not?." I nod on his chest, a tear prickling down my cheek.

"I'm grateful for what you've done, but once the two weeks time ends, nothing's going to save us. You can't protect me forever." Reality appears to hit the man as his heart starts to beat faster.

"We can plan something for tonight." I blink and bring my head back, looking at his stoic but thoughtful face.

"Tonight? That's too fast, we still have enough time to think this through." He looks down at me, annoyance in his face.

"It's either tonight, or it never happens at all. The faster we do this the easier it will be to shake off Melanie. She won't look for you for long, seeing as Abstergo Industries wants to cut off as much money as they can on retrieval and search missions for a new project. And a search for you won't take more than a week, two at the most." He speaks quickly, his brain running wild with ideas.

"Do you know where they're hiding?." I shake my head.

"They probably left Canada long ago, I don't know." He brings his arms around me, clicking away in his computer, he stops and motions for me to take a look.

A map of the world is shown with the route of what looks to be a ship marked in red. Said boat looks to be docked on the eastern coastline of Canada, with a line going straight to the United Kingdom.

"This ship belongs to us, and I personally know the captain. I can help you out by having her deliver you to the smallest city there, but after that you'll be on your own." I practically hear bells around me at his words, a safe way out of the country itself is just what I need.

"Won't this captain speak my location to the ones in London? Is she trustworthy?." He brings me down from the desk and makes me sit in the chair.

"Don't worry about that, I'll make sure you don't get ratted out on the way, but I can't guarantee she'll keep her mouth shut once there. You'll be out of Lemay's eye and that's what matters most. I'll deal with the captain later, you stay here and act natural. I'll look for some things we need for tonight, it's a long way from Quebec to Red Bay, so you'll want to save as much energy as possible." And with that, he leaves the room, a somewhat hurried peep in his step.

I thank the heavens that he agreed to this so easily, with little to no trouble. I can now only wait until he returns, with news of this captain and how to further advance our plan.

I'm coming home.