74 | 𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬

I rub my eyes as I walk into the research lab, where Rebecca sits tinkering with the Animus. She glances at me as I go towards her, eyes going back to her work immediately. She sighs as she takes her hands away from the electric panel in the back of the machine, taking a plate and placing it on the spot, hiding all the wires from view.

"Everything alright?." I ask while looking at the mess in her desk.

"Yeah, Baby just started to bitch about, so I had to open her up and tweak a few cables, should be fixed now." She places some pliers on the table, picking up cable pieces in her hands and throwing them on the trash.

"Look, Dee. I'm sorry. I shouldn't have let that play for so long, and.. well that demigod, it also reminded me when I called you a tyrant, and it's made me feel like shit." She sighs as she turn to me, embarrassment in her features.

"It's.. it's fine, Becs. I didn't know the Animus would pick up that memory out of all. And what's in the past, stays there, right? So, is uh, Baby working?." I clear the air, the female smiling like crazy as she knows I hold no grudges over fear riddled words.

"Let me see.. and.. yep. It's ready to go? You.. want to go in again? Isn't it too early? You've only been out for six hours since the last one, and Shaun told me you had visions again." I nod, confirming everything she says..

"I know none of you like this idea, but I have to finish this." She looks up at me while connecting everything again.

"And how long until we see the end?." I remain silent, the female getting the hint and working to turn it on faster. The Animus whirs to life, the monitor attached to it turning on in unison.

Rebecca signals for me to sit and I do so, willing to finish this mess quickly. She attaches the remaining gadgets and I recline my head back,the woman clicking away in the computer.

"Playing Memory 3, Sequence 2." The present world disappears and the ancient one envelopes my senses.

The sound of a river running wild is heard as I sit in the ground, back pressed against Loki's chest. His legs encircle me as he places his head on mine, a hand loosely caressing my thigh. He dips his head form its place and places a kiss on my shoulder, the man sighing lowly.

"But if Ares didn't see you drinking the brew, what's the problem? We weren't discovered." He says, making my shoulders sag slightly.

"Not in whole, but almost. Imagine the God of War finding out that his only daughter is not pure anymore, and even so with an Æsir of doubtful reputation." He remains quiet, fingers growing still.

"Little Lamb, there's nothing to fear of this, you've given yourself a hundred times now, and none of them have we ever suspected to be with child, or are you?." I shake my head, the man humming in understanding.

"You see? As long as you drink the brew the next morning, the spells and herbs will do their work. We've done this for months, I still yet have to see you giving me such news. Relax." He says dismissively, prompting me to grow a bit bothered.

"You do not care if we are both set on fire, for everyone to see?." I ask, hoping to get at least a reaction from him, he hums as he starts to kiss up my neck, the feeling making me loose concentration suddenly.

"Leave everyone behind for a moment, Lamb. It's only us, now." His fingers go down my thigh, getting close to my private zone. I shut my legs as I wake from the trance, turning to him quickly, annoyance taking over his young features.

"You say you want me? Then show me you do. Do it right, ask for my hand in marriage, and I will be all yours. There is no greater pleasure in that." He draws his hand back, running the other through his hair as he sighs loudly, speaking in his tongue.

"I've told you, I'd be rejected by your father. The man can look at me so much after I vouched for you in our initial investigations. I know you despise that train of thoughts and actions, but as long as I don't treat you how its supposed to be, I will never even be thought about by him, just to spite me he's liable to approve Thor." One of his words make my heart beat faster.

"Treat me like it is supposed to be? Are you saying that.. I should lower my head in cowardice, and live like a slave simply so we can be together? Is that it?." He pinches the bridge of his nose, markings glowing steadily.

"I meant, that.. you should be more.. feminine. I've read your fathers mind on you, and all I was able to see is a young girl who likes men related things. You like fights, weapons, armor, blood. Those are the likings of a man. I'm not saying you should change, because these things make you strikingly beautiful, but maybe.. tone it down slightly. That way, I can convince him to look past my reputation, and we'll be together. After that, we'll continue to be the same reckless people we are now. Nothing will change." He snakes his arms around me while bringing me back to him, one hand going to my chest, the other down my pelvis.

"Now, why don't you give me a show? One that puts Athena and Freyja to shame." He kisses my earlobe again, grinding softly against me.

I wake from the needy feeling and push his hands away from me, getting up quickly, the males face sorting into anger.

"Everything will change if I do that. And I will not follow through. If you want a woman to cater to the standards of society, you can find them in that golden Palace, and even in a rundown pub. I known what I want, Loki, and it is to get married, while keeping myself and my interests intact. I will not change for you, or anyone. If you are willing to be seen with a Goddess that likes 'manly' things, then do as it needs, and ask for my hand. Otherwise this conversion is over." I start to walk off, petting Sleipnir as I walk past him, the stallion neighing a bit at my sudden state.

Running footsteps come from behind me, a hand clasping my arm and turning me forcefully, Loki's angered face and wild markings greeting me, his appearance scaring me a little.

"In what language will you understand this? I. Can't. Ask. For. Your. Hand. Is that clear enough, or do you need a dictionary to understand each word individually!?." I pry my arm as he screams, never having seen this side of him in the time I've known the man.

"I only hope you understand that after this, your chances have grown slimmer. Come to me when you come to your senses." I walk quickly, setting distance with him and his psychopath behavior.

I really hope he sees through the things he's said, he knows that I don't wish to be a woman that bends easily to the threats of a man if she is tasked with doing the dishes the right way, or holsters the weapons wrong, or is not even in the mood for some adventuring nights.

I want marriage yes, but with the man I choose, not one that is chosen for me. But if it means that I have to change who I am and what I like to do, then I will happily die alone.

I can't be broken.