(vol3) chapter 22

A/n: the really boring recovering finale chapter

Start

;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;

Ruby woke up with a splitting headache. She sat up and saw her father Taiyang.

Taiyang: Ruby!

Taiyang got up from his chair and stood at the edge of her bed.

Taiyang: you're awake!

Ruby: what happened?

Taiyang: your uncle Qrow found you, unconscious. He got you outta there though and brought you home safe.

Ruby tried to remember what happened but it was a bit blurry.

Ruby: wait! Yang, is she alright?

Taiyang looked down and sighed which wasn't a good sign.

Taiyang: she's...uh... she's gonna be alright. I think she's just... I think it's just gonna take some time for her to get used to things. She's too strong to let this stop her.

Taiyang held back some tears saying.

Taiyang: I'm just glad to have my girls back home safe.

Ruby: what happened to the school? And vale! Were they able to clear out the Grimm?

Taiyang: things at Vale are under control...but the school...it's...it's not that simple. That thing, whatever it is... doesn't seem to be dead. Don't get me wrong, you did a number on it But...it's not disappearing. It's...kind of...frozen. I know that doesn't sound too bad but it keeps attracting more Grimm to the school.

Ruby: I did what?

Taiyang: hmm?

Ruby: you said I did a number on it.

Taiyang: I...look, that's not important right now, we can talk about it later. Things are just...kind of a mess.

???: it's always a mess.

The two turned to see Qrow behind them taking a swig of his flask.

Qrow: mind if we have a minute?

Taiyang: what, I can't stay here?

Qrow: Tai. Please.

Taiyang sighed and got up and kissed Ruby's head before leaving.

Taiyang: I'm glad you're alright. I'll go make us some tea.

Taiyang glared at Qrow before leaving.