( vol8) chapter 52

A/n: I went to Barnes and Noble and saw the official Rwby art book made a while ago, and the rush of nostalgia of when I was back in middle school, staying up late, and creating all these stupid edgy characters. Man...what happened.

what happened

Start

;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;

Everyone looked at Penny with great relief. With Y/n they can make things a lot easier.

Nora: well answer it already!

Penny answered the phone on speaker for everyone to hear.

Penny: Friend Y/n?

Ironwood: hello Penny.

The feeling of relief was replaced with even greater concern.

Ruby: General what have you done with Y/n!?

Ironwood: nothing I just so happen to have his scroll, you wouldn't have answered if I did it with mine.

Ruby sighed trying to calm down and stay composed.

Ruby: what do you want?

Ironwood: I'm asking you to turn yourselves in. I have no intention of handing you over to Salem, but I do need their help to save Atlas.

Penny: help you leave mantle to Salem?

Ironwood: I have my team working tirelessly to fight against Watts' virus to get the heating grind in both Mantle along with the crater back up, unfortunately, we haven't made any progress. I'm hoping that Pietro could be able to help.

Pietro only shook his head scoffing at the idea that James cares about the city and that he was ready to leave to die of a sudden.

Ironwood: I'm willing to work with you to give mantle a fighting chance.

Ruby: why should we help you? You were more than willing to leave the mantle for Salem.

Ironwood: ... I have Qrow and Robyn in custody. For the murder of Clover, and theft of Atlas supplies. I have no intention of hurting them but to help you make your decision. More people will get hurt as things draw closer to midnight.

With that Ironwood hung up completely ruining what they had already tried to plan.

Ruby: we have to get to Atlas.

Yang: Ruby, didn't you hear him? It's a setup, he's trying to bait us into going to Atlas so he can capture us-

Ruby: how can you say that? He has our Uncle and maybe Y/n up there!

Jaune: We could probably do both, get the launching codes and save Robyn, and Qrow maybe Y/n.

Penny: I could help-