(vol4) chapter 26

A/n: memes for your thoughts because this gets kinda dark.

Start

;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;

Evelyn was typing on her keypad, she heard a ding on a machine behind her. She got up and walked over but halfway through. The door to her lab flew inches away and sliced her cigarette. She took it out her mouth and look to see a woman in a wine-stained dress.

Evelyn: I will be billing you for those.

Mary: I need your help.

Evelyn: and I need my coffee- oh wait you just broke it.

Mary groaned and Caryll walked out from behind, Evelyn pinched the bridge of her nose.

Evelyn: Caryll, you have an easy job, probably the most are to keep people out of my lab.

Caryll: I tried, she's really strong.

Mary: some kidnapped my underling.

Evelyn: ok.

Mary: this is serious!

Evelyn sighed and reached into her pocket and pulled out a box of cigarettes, then sat at her computer.

Mary: you're helping how?

Evelyn: lucky I put a GPS tracker in his leg-

Mary: you did what!?

Evelyn: better have one and not need it, than need one and not have. Now it's gonna take some time to try to angulate his position. Caryll get us some coffee?

Caryll nodded and left, Mary then hugged Evelyn much to her dismay.

Evelyn: let go of me!

Mary: what I can't hug my favorite sisters-in-law to show thanks?

Evelyn: no, and we aren't sisters-in-law anymore, and I'm doing this for you.

Evelyn escaped Mary's grasp and sat down as the computer watched it pinpoint Y/n's location.

Evelyn: I'm in charge of designing weapons for students and specialists, improving Atlas defenses, and maintaining the head  Atlas network. Despite this not only am I paid less but I get no respect from those Atlassian specialists, and I've had enough I tell you!

Evelyn laughed hysterically then, the computer began beeping.

Evelyn: oh, it looked like him. He's being held in a closed-down theater house. You wanna change first before?

Mary: maybe, it's hard to fight in high heels. Are you gonna tell Ironwood-

Evelyn: if he knows then it's out of my hands. But we will need help with this.

Mary: I'll call in some favors.

Evelyn: well then, time to upstage those Atlas specialists.

**** With Y/n ****