(vol8) chapter 51

A/n: * sigh * -_- we are now stepping on new ground- hey what do you think you are doing!?

RT: * pointing Crescent Rose at Ironwood* character assassination.

A/n: wha- no! Go away no one likes you!

RT: fine!

Start

;

-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;

We start our story with a girl scrubbing the floor of a dark room mixing her tears with soap... but let's skip all that and move on to something more important.

We are now in a small settlement, the citizens of Mantle trying to keep warm, and in the center of it was Oscar sitting by a fire, an old honey Badger offered him.

Ozpin: heads up.

Ozpin how was came back a little bit ago drew Oscar's attention upwards. An airship flew overhead and landed not far from where Oscar was sitting. Ozpin readies himself for a fight but the door opened showing Ruby and company.

Ruby: need a lift?

Oscar's face brightened seeing Ruby but his face turned seeing Nora.

Nora: OSCAR!!!

Oscar flinched but was gently pulled into a hug by Nora, a much-welcomed change.

Oscar: guys I... I was stupid to think the general would listen. Every choice I made was the wrong one, and...

Ruby placed a hand on Oscar's shoulder.

Ruby: we did what we thought was best, I'm just glad you're alright.

This made Oscar feel a bit better but he looked around and saw that the group was down two members.

Oscar: where are Qrow and Y/n?

Ruby: ...

Ruby said nothing but all of a sudden, the ground began to shake. Everyone was slightly confused then looked up to the sky and saw Monstro, Salem's new twisted work of art bellowing its song throughout the air. Monstro's mouth opened and black ichor spilled Out between its teeth, the Ichor moved and shaped into a mirror of sorts, and once it had finished forming it was a perfect reflection of Salem.

A/n: okay this part was inspired by Unicorn of War- Thomas Vaccaro's volume 8 rewrite. I highly suggest you go watch it if you're interested.

Salem: good morning, people of Mantle...and the people of Atlas.

A shortcut of Ironwood looking out the window of his office.