three

"So what happened at practice with your ankle?" I ask as he pulls out a stool at the island and he sits down, resting his foot on another stool.

"I just rolled it. It's a little swollen right now but it's not going to be anything super bad." He shrugs as I open the freezer grabbing an ice pack and going over to him, putting it on his ankle.

"What time did you guys start today?" I ask.

He holds up a 3 and I nod, looking at the clock.
6:24 pm.

"Well I need to go to the store then to get groceries before they get done. They'll be done at 7 and I don't want them being all pouty because the smoothies aren't ready." I say as I lean against the counter, pulling out my phone and making a list.

"Tate?" He asks and I look up from my phone at him.

"Hmm?" I hum.

"Do you like living with us?" He asks as I give him a weird look.

"Of course I do."

"Or like, I feel like you do a lot for us and we don't have a ton of time to help because of practices or games everyday and it's been like that since we all moved in together." He says as I shake my head.

"I knew what I was getting into when I brought up the idea. I like doing all of it, okay? You don't need to feel bad, none of you guys do because you guys are doing something really good too. And I'm proud of you all and I like being the group mom. It's quite fun actually." I smile as he slightly nods.

"I don't know how often they say it, but I appreciate you tate, I really do." He says as I smile.

"You're being a softy." I joke as I go over to him and I give him a hug.

"Hey we all know I'm a softy when I'm not on the pitch. But when I'm out there, wow. I'm leading in fouls committed for a reason." He says proudly as I try not to laugh.

"Out of all of la liga, I'm so proud of you." I laugh as I grab my keys. "Okay anyways I'll be back in hopefully 20, keep the ice on for about 15 more minutes and then take some Advil if you haven't yet." I add as I point at him and he nods before I leave the house.

———

"Welcome back." Gavi says as I set the bags down on the counter and I look at the clock. 7:02 pm.

"I'm late." I mumble as I grab the blender, setting it down and grabbing stuff out of the fridge for it.

"Can I watch you make it?" He asks referring to the smoothies. "I want to know the secrets."

"Yeah, I would tell you to leave so you don't see, but I trust that you won't tell my secrets. Deal?" I ask as I hold out my pinky and he smiles as he lifts his up before interlocking them.

"Big deal." He says as he straightens in his chair watching me. "Are you doing mango or pineapple today?"

"I'll do mango, I have some in the fridge still that I need to use before I cut the pineapple." I say as I go to the freezer as well.

"Yum."

"Okay I do frozen mango, frozen banana, spinach, kale, Greek yogurt, cinnamon, vanilla, and finally coconut water. Oh and some collagen powder." I say as I put everything in.

"The coconut water and cinnamon I feel like is the secret we've all been wondering about." He says as I nod.

"Cinnamon adds good flavor but it also has a ton of benefits, but you can't really taste it that much because of everything else. And then the coconut water is just a better alternative to milk for a smoothie." I say as I turn on the blender, grabbing out 7 cups, lining them up.

He nods his head as he watches it blend and I grab out everyone's straw, placing them in the cups. They all have a special color straw and refuse to use the other ones for some weird reason, but I just go along with it because it makes them happy.

Gavi is yellow, Ansu is blue, Pedri is green, Ale is red, Jude is orange, Pablo is teal and I have a pink one. Came in a 7 pack, and everyone picked their color and there were no arguments about it, everyone was content.

I turn off the blender and I check the consistency and I add a little bit more coconut water before I flip it on again. "Perfect." I say as I turn it off once again, pouring them into the cups and I slide Gavi the Cup with the yellow straw and he takes a sip.

"You did it again T, this is fantastic." He says as I smile, washing out the blender. "So many nutrients in here but the taste is phenomenal." He adds as I laugh.

"Looking out for my boys, that's all I got to say." I say as I lean against the counter taking a sip of it as I nod. "Oh yeah, that's good."

The door swings open and the guys are fighting to get through the door first and I give Gavi a look. Once they get in they set their bags down as they immediately come over grabbing their smoothies. "Thank you Tatum Marínela Cruz." They all say in unison as I gag.

"You all planned that, don't do that ever again." I mumble as Jude smiles.

"It was my idea." He says.

"Shocker."

"Fantastic as always, thank you." Ansu says as he comes over and gives me a side hug as I nod.

"Of course." I whisper as he grabs his water bottle, filling it up.

"Oh Pedri, did you grab mine?" Gavi asks as he turns around and Pedri nods, going over to his bag. He takes it out and tosses it at Gavi and he catches it before kissing it. "Missed you." He says as I begin shaking my head.

"I'll start dinner at 8. If you have complaints I simply don't care, deal with it." I say as they all nod.

I begin walking towards my room and I turn to look at them all huddled around the island, leaning in as Gavi whispers. "I know the secrets."

"G, shut up!" I call out as I go in my room, closing the door.