thirteen

After practice the guys all walk in and Pedri immediately passes me going upstairs to his room. "What's his problem?" I ask as they all come sit by me on the couch.

"No one knows. He was on his phone a bunch and was all bitchy after that." Gavi says as he crosses his arms, staring at the stairs.

"So much time on his phone yet he had no time to talk about how the guy was a loser." Pablo says as I draw my face straight.

"If it makes you feel better, I'm glad you friend zoned him, sounds like a dick if you ask me." Jude says as he reaches over, patting my shoulder.

"Let's just stop talking about it, yeah?" I question as Gavi mumbles something under his breath.

"Fine to switch the subject can we cook dinner for you tonight?" Ansu asks as I smile.

"Most definitely you can. All of you?" I question.

"All of us except Pedri, he said he was tired so we didn't try to argue with him." Ale says as I sigh.

"Dinner is a surprise, so respectfully please leave. We will yell for you when it's ready." Jude says as I stand up and he comes over to me, pushing me away.

I go upstairs and I stand outside Pedri's door for a second debating if I should talk to him. Maybe I'll make things worse, but maybe I won't.

I knock on the door and after a few seconds he opens the door and he opens it wider for me to come in as he shuts it again. I sit on the bed and I cross my legs as he goes in his closet, grabbing a sweatshirt. He takes off his training top and puts on the hoodie as I stare at him. "So?" He questions.

"You didn't say anything to me. You were first in the house, and you didn't even look at me." I say as I cross my arms.

"I'm exhausted Tate, okay? Has nothing to do with you, so don't think that. And sorry that things actually are awkward now and I don't want to engage in that and fuel the awkwardness." He says as I take a deep breath.

"So what, you're just going to ignore me for the rest of your life?"

"I've considered it." He mumbles as I give him a look.

"Dude."

"Tate we should've just never gone. Either way it would have had the same outcome, and either way I'd still be attracted to you, I can't change that." He says as he begins pacing around his room.

"I'm sorry." I say quietly as he shakes his head.

"It's fine, Tate." He says as he sits down next to me and I turn to look at him.

"I was talking to G last night when I got home, and he was saying there's no time frame on anything. So I'm not saying nothing will ever happen, it's just right now feels wrong. But who knows where my head will be at in a week or a month from now." I whisper as he nods.

"Well I'm not going anywhere. I don't want to date anyone if it's not you, so I'll still be here." He says as I smile.

"When the time is right, yeah?" I question as he nods, leaning over and giving me a hug.

"You've had my heart since 16, that's not changing anytime soon." He whispers as I feel guilt wash over me.

I better get my shit figured out or I will accidentally break his heart. I can't do that.

"I love you. I'll see you later." I say as I stand up and he nods, walking me over to the door.

"Bye Tate." He says as I walk out of his room, closing his door on the way out.

That went good. I think. I'm actually not sure if that was good, I think it was good for the both of us, but now for some reason he can't get out of my head.

I go downstairs and immediately the guys start yelling. "Leave! Get out! We're cooking!" They all start yelling over each other as I quickly go to my room and I slam the door shut as they're still yelling.

They will be the death of me one of these days.