twenty eight

"Oh my god." Gavi says as he covers his mouth with his hand. "You two- Oh my god." He says again as he's staring at us and Pedri quickly hands me his sweatshirt as I put it on.

"What the fuck?" Pedri says as he looks at Gavi and he is still just staring at us.

"No, what the fuck?" Gavi corrects as he points at the two of us and I cross my arms as I get off the counter.

"It's not what it looks like." I say as he shakes his head.

"Yeah definitely doesn't look like you two were about to hook up or anything." He says as I look at Pedri.

"Okay it's kind of what it looks like." I say as he shakes his head.

"I'm dreaming. I've got to be dreaming, because this isn't real. This definitely isn't happening." He says as he begins walking away as I lean my head back, before following him.

He goes down to his room and he goes in, leaving the door open and I close it as he turns to look at me. "What the fuck?" He yells as I immediately shush him.

"What, do we just want the whole house to know now?" I ask as I cross my arms and he shakes his head with a laugh.

"I don't understand what is going on inside your mind, because what the hell?" He scolds as I drop my eyes to the ground.

"Can you just hear me out?" I ask as he immediately shakes his head no.

"Absolutely not. Because what the hell?" He says again as I put my hands on my hips.

"Why do you have a right to be mad at me, but i can't explain myself or anything?" I question as he sits on the edge of his bed.

"Because you don't accidentally almost hookup with your best friend, what the hell?"

"Boyfriend." I mumble as his eyes open wider.

"What did you just say?"

"Boyfriend." I say again, louder as he runs his hand over his mouth as he's shaking his head.

"You're dating.. Pedri?" He asks as I shrug.

"It's not that big of a deal." I state as he holds his hand up.

He sits there for about a minute, I'm assuming thinking, before he clears his throat. "Does anyone else know?" He questions as I shake my head no. "Don't fucking tell anyone." He adds as I give him a look.

"Why are you mad?"

"Because if I'm reacting like this how do you think everyone else will act? It's not just everyday you see two of your best friends about to hook up."

"You know there's something called knocking."

"Your door was open so I thought you were like in your bed or something and I was looking at my phone, and maybe I should've stayed looking at my phone because now that's engraved in my brain." He sighs.

"You can't be mad at me."

"Why's that?"

"Because it's our relationship. Pedri and I don't have a say in any of yours and who you guys talk to, so none of you should get mad at us."

"Tate, really just think about the situation you put yourself in." He began, "it's not worth it."

"That's not fair." I say, "you just said two of your best friends, so this should literally change nothing."

"Yeah it doesn't change anything but that doesn't mean it's not weird, because what the hell?" He criticizes as I lean against the wall.

"I don't know what you want me to do."

"First, don't tell any of them, but they'll probably find out soon enough at this rate, because hiding it clearly isn't your forte." He lectures as I roll my eyes.

"We were in my room, that's keeping it a secret."

"Bullshit, the door open is keeping it a secret? Door open means no one is in there, how was I supposed to know?"

"I don't know." I mumble as he scoffs.

"This is all insane, like actually. You and Pedri? Dating?" I nod slightly before he just points to the door. "Try to hide it better maybe." He says as I open the door.

"No, because fuck you if you aren't supportive." I say before I slam his door shut and I go back to my room as Pedri is sitting on my bed.

"Sounds like it went well." He jokes as I scoff.

"Yeah right." I say as I close the door before climbing into bed.

"It's okay." He says quietly as he moves so he's lying down and I wrap my arms around him.

"No it's not." I mumble as he rubs my back.

"Well it will be okay, no matter what happens, yeah?" He whispers as he kisses the top of my head, pulling the blankets over us.

"I guess." I say as he nods slowly.

"It's all okay."