fourteen

"Tate! Get your ass out here, dinner!" Jude yells as I toss my phone on the bed and I go to the kitchen.

"It smells good, that's promising at least." I say as I grab my water bottle before sitting down and they're all sitting there staring at me.

"You take the first bite." Pablo says as I nod.

"It's a vegetarian baked ziti. I don't know what that is, but this is it I suppose." Gavi says as I nod, scooping some up.

They all watch me as I eat it and I immediately cover my mouth with my hand as I shake my head. They all stare at me as I go over to the trash spitting it out. "I'm sorry, the flavor is really good, but the noodles aren't cooked." I laugh as I sit down and they all turn to look at Gavi.

"It told me I needed noodles, it never said to cook it." He says as he crosses his arms and Pedri reaches over smacking the back of his head.

"Yeah, usually if you need noodles for something, you cook them first, it typically should go without saying to do that." I say as he frowns.

They all shrug as they each take a bite and they immediately spit it out. "Yeah, we really can't eat this." Ale says as he stands up, going to the trash and dumping it out.

"Well let's go get food somewhere." Ansu says as he also goes to the trash and I look at Gavi as he just shrugs.

"You win some you lose some." He whispers as he passes me and I laugh as we all go to the trash, before we all huddle around the counter.

"So what's our new plan for dinner?" Jude asks as he taps the marble top.

"We should get some steak." Ansu suggests.

"Dude, yes." Ale says as he shakes Ansu's shoulders.

"Steak it is." I say as I stand up straight. "I can drive." I add as I put on my shoes, and then grabbing my keys off of the rack.

"I can too." Ansu says as I nod.

"Okay let's go, we're taking too long." Jude says as he puts on shoes quickly before going outside.

"Who's going to tell him they're locked." Ale mumbles as we begin going outside.

"They're locked." Jude groans as he pulls on the door handle repeatedly.

"What a surprise." Ale says as I start laughing and I go over to my car unlocking it before getting in.

Gavi and Pedri come with in my car and I back up so I'm lined up with Ansu's car as we both roll down the window.

"Where are we going?" I ask as he turns to look at Jude.

"Jude will figure it out, just follow me." He says as I nod before Gavi rolls up the window, immediately attaching his phone to Bluetooth.

"No no, I don't want to listen about how nobody wants to see us together." I say as he grins before turning up the volume.

"Cause I got you!" He yells as I begin following Ansu to the restaurant.

Gavi was busy singing the whole time and Pedri was pretty silent but I'm sure Gavi forced him to ride with us.

-

Pedri was sitting across from me at the restaurant and I couldn't take my eyes off of him. Of course after i friend zone him I suddenly can't get him out of my head. How convenient.

No way can I suddenly just say sorry I was lying maybe I do feel the same, but for some reason I want to. He's attractive, you can't deny that. So maybe I'm just so hung up on the fact we're already friends that it's making me feel different, but right now, god I can't stop looking at him.

He's like not even dressed up either and that's the worst part. He still looks good in a sweatshirt and joggers, the chokehold he has on me all of a sudden is freaking me out.

"Tate?" Gavi asks as he nudges my shoulder.

"Hmm?" I hum as I finally peel my eyes away from Pedri.

"What do you think about it?" He asks as I look down the table at all of them and they're staring at me.

"Yeah, yeah, it sounds good." I say as I stare down at my silverware.

"I thought you wouldn't agree but yeah that works too." Pablo says as I nod for a brief second.

"I'll be back, I have to go to the bathroom." I say as I push away from the table and I make a beeline for the bathroom.

When I get in there I put my hands flat against the countertop and I stare at myself in the mirror. What is happening inside my head?

I quickly wash my hands and I take a deep breath before I open the door and Pedri is sitting on a bench outside of the bathrooms. "You alright?" He asks as I look down at him.

"Mmhmm." I hum as i try to walk past him and he grabs my hand.

"Tate." He says quietly as I look back at him.

"I'm okay."

"Yeah especially the whole zoning out for half of the dinner. Because that's completely normal for you." He says as I shake my head.

"It's nothing." I stammer as he stands up, taking a step closer to me.

"Right. Nothing." He says as I nod slowly and he looks past me before walking past me.

"Okay fine, wait."