fifty

"Tate? It's almost noon, are you up yet?" Pedri asks softly as he knocks on the door and I roll over, pulling the blanket around myself.

"Mhmm." I hum, my eyes still closed. I hear some shuffling and he sits on my bed, brushing some hair behind my ear.

"Are you okay? You're usually up by 8." He whispers as I nod.

"I'm okay."

"Tate." He says softly as I shake my head.

"Can I just be left alone for now? I don't feel good." I say as he quickly feels my forehead.

"You don't have a fever, I'll check back in before training." He whispers as he kisses my forehead before leaving the room.

I stare at the wall as I take a deep breath, it's going to just be one of those days, I can already tell. I pull myself out of bed and I go to my bathroom, turning on the shower. I accidentally stayed in the shower for about an hour, if not a little more, but I really didn't want to leave.

No one can bother me in the shower. Okay that's harsh, but today is just an off day, I can already tell.

I wrap the towel around myself as I go in my closet, staring at my clothes. I looked at them for about 5 minutes before I just grab a sweatshirt and sweats, quickly changing and going back to my bed, getting under the covers.

I go on my phone but shut it off immediately after I open Instagram as I toss it to the other side of my bed. Not in the mood.

I look at my clock which reads 1:37 and I frown, Pedri didn't come check in again. And now they're at training.

I sigh as I get out of bed and I rub my eyes, going to the living room as Pedri is in the kitchen. "You have training." I say as I look at him.

He turns around as he shakes his head, leaning against the counter. "I told Xavi I was sick, I wanted to spend the day with you, something's going on." He hints as I shrug.

"It's just one of those days." My voice shakes as I go over to him, wrapping my arms around him as I bury my face in the crook of his neck.

"That's okay, it's okay." He whispers as he rubs my back. I close my eyes as he kisses my head, "are you overwhelmed or something?" He asks as I pull away from the hug and I shrug.

"I'm not sure what it is, I just know today is not it." I mumble as he nods.

"And that's fine, Tate. You do a lot, believe it or not, you need a break too." He says, resting his hands on my shoulders. "Can I take you somewhere?" He questions as I nod. "It's a little hot out, so maybe change." He suggests as I sigh.

"Okay, I'll be back." I mumble as I go down to my room. I change into a pair of shorts and I grab a random shirt, putting it on as I leave my room once again.

"You should probably also eat something now, we can go out for dinner." He says as I go to the cupboard, grabbing a granola bar before he grabs his keys.

I grab a zip up sweatshirt off the coat rack and I quickly put it on as I put on some sandals, walking out of the house. I get in his car and he begins driving as he hands me his phone and I begin playing music from his Spotify. I roll the window down and reach my arm out for the warm air as I lean my head back into the seat. "If Xavi finds out you're not actually sick, he's going to kill you." I say as I turn my head to look at him.

He shrugs as he moves his left arm, resting it on the door, so he's now driving with one hand. "That's okay, I'd rather be there for you today. Training can wait a day." He suggests as I smile.

"You don't think any of the guys will expose you?" I question.

"No, they could tell something was up, because you weren't out of your room yet. So they actually thought it was good that I was skipping, to just spend the day with you, make sure you're okay." He says.

"Well, thank you." I smile as he nods.

"You know I'd do anything for you." He says quietly as I nod slightly.

"I know." I whisper as I look out the window. After about 5 minutes he pulls into a parking lot and I get out, reaching for my pocket. "I don't have my phone." I mumble as I pat each of my pockets to confirm.

"I have mine if you need it for anything." He says as I nod.

"I didn't want it anyways today, but it feels weird to have an empty pocket." I say as we begin walking down to the beach.

We take our shoes off and we begin walking down to the water, beginning to walk down the beach. "You know, if anything is ever going on, you can talk to me. That's kind of the whole point of us dating, believe it or not." He jokes as I smile, looking out to the water.

"Well I know that, it's just sometimes it's hard to put into words, you know? Like I don't know what's going on, but I know it's just one of those weird days where everything just feels off." I suggest as he nods.

"Yeah I know what you mean. But I feel like you're a pretty closed off person, you know? So I'm just saying you don't have to do that all the time, especially not with me." He murmurs.

I nod as I take a step closer to him, our hands brushing against each other. "You make everything just a little bit easier. I hope you know that." I whisper.

He smiles as he wraps an arm around my shoulder, bring me closer to him as he kisses the top of my head. "I love you." He says as I smile pushing him away.

"I love you too." I say as I look at him and he nods, finally interlocking our hands as I take a deep breath.

Maybe today won't be as bad as i thought.

——————————

Literally so many chapters wouldn't be a thing without our beloved bae, shoutout to you because you're the biggest help fr, say thank you. Hopefully another chap out today as well🫵

ALSO

Im a few days shy of a month since i started this book and I'm already at 125k reads and 50 chapters in, that's actually insane, like what? You are all the best.