one hundred six

"Pedri, you know what's crazy?" I whisper as I lift my head off his chest, looking at him.

"Hmm?" He hums as he reaches up, rubbing his eyes.

"Were you just sleeping?" I question.

"Definitely not." He replies as I smile.

"We've been laying down for like 5 minutes." I say as he wraps his arms around me tightly.

"You make me feel tired, but that's a good thing."

"Because it means you feel safe with me," I mock as he nods, "I remember from the one time you told me that." I add as he smiles softly.

"I've probably said it more than once to be fair." He says quietly as I kiss his cheek, "now what did you rudely wake me up for?" He jokes.

"I was going to say we haven't fought for a whole 4 days." I say as he gasps.

"Guess we have to celebrate." He mumbles as he flips us over quickly and I begin laughing as I push him away.

"I think that's the longest we've gone without fighting since we moved into the house, and all it took was a trip to Hawaii." I say as I sit up, looking at him.

He reaches for my hand, pulling it towards him, "and this lovely ring here." He whispers before he kisses the back of my hand.

"Are you going to buy me a ring every time we fight? And you can give me a new speech catered to what you did wrong?" I question as he raises his eyebrows slightly.

"Yeah, maybe." He says as he leans forward, placing his hand on my jaw, giving me a kiss. "That'd be kind of cute, no?"

"It'd be a cute little theme, but if I got more than like 5 rings, I'd be concerned about the state of our relationship." I whisper as I pull away from the kiss.

"A ring for every anniversary then." He asks as I shake my head.

"Cute, but I can't wear that many rings at once, since we'll be married one day, you know?" I say as he smiles.

"You can stack them." He insists as he gives me another kiss. "I need like something I can do that's important for us, like the ring idea, but better."

"Just do rings then, I wear them all of the time." I say as he looks down at my hands.

"You're wearing 5 right now in total, that's a good point." He says as I nod. "I feel like I never look at your hands a lot, are you always wearing this many rings?" He questions.

"I always wear these 4, but since you gave me this one, it's now 5." I say as I point at each of them. "You were looking at them the other night." I add as he shrugs.

"Trust me, paying attention to your hands was the last thing I was doing." He mumbles as I push his shoulder and he falls back, before he pulls me so I'm now straddling his lap.

He rests his hands on my hips as I look down at him, "do you think Jobe is settled enough to go out tonight? I think a day does the job, no?" I question.

"Yeah, probably." He says, "and a day doing the job, could also be said for us taking it slow." He adds quietly as he plays with the hem of my shirt.

"Yeah, you think?" I ask as I slide my hands under his shirt, lightly scratching his stomach as he shifts under me, taking a deep breath.

He nods slightly as he leans up on his elbows, "we're never getting in another fight again, because I'll make sure that's the only one I'll ever need to buy you before I propose." He says as I smile.

"I love the enthusiasm." I whisper as I get off of him as he lies back down, blowing out a frustrated breath. "Do you want to come down to Jude's room with me? I want to figure out some plans for tonight, or I can just come back and tell you." I ask as he shakes his head.