sixty six

"I'll see you later after training." Pedri says as he kisses the top of my head as I wrap the blanket around myself tighter. "Are you feeling better today?" He asks as he's now over by the door.

"No, I have a headache and feel like I'm just nauseous." I whisper as he comes back over, placing the back of his hand on my forehead.

"You have a fever." He says as he squats down, so he's at the same level of me and he brushes his thumb over my cheek.

"Gavi made me breakfast yesterday, maybe I have food poisoning." I joke as he laughs.

"Probably," he says as he kisses my forehead, "I can stop at the store after training and I can grab some drinks and stuff so you don't get dehydrated, let me know if you want anything else."

"Thank you, I love you." I whisper as he nods.

"I love you, I'll see you later." He says quietly as he leaves the room, closing the door behind him as I lean over, grabbing my phone. I look at the time to see it's only 8am and I sigh as I set it down again, pulling the covers over my head.

I woke up again after a few hours and I rub my eyes as I grab my phone. It's already one and I sit up as I begin going through my notifications, swiping them all away as I look at the date. The 31st of March, 4 days away from Pablo's birthday.

I get out of bed as I go to the living room, grabbing Advil and taking some before I fill up my water again. I stop what I'm doing and I feel a pit form in my stomach as I tap my phone screen again, looking at the date again.

Tate
The boys are at training right now, can you
please come over?

Isabelle
Of course, I can be there in 10
Are you okay?

Tate
We can talk when you get here, yeah?

Isabelle
Sounds good, leaving now

Tate
Thank you

I sit on one of the stools, my leg bouncing up and down as I wait for her to come over. After 10 minutes, just like she promised she comes in the house and I turn to look at her.

"Are you okay?" She asks quietly as I shake my head no.

"I'm late." I say as she goes in her bag, grabbing a pregnancy test.

"I kind of figured. It seemed serious so I figured I'd grab one just in case." She says as she hands it to me.

I laugh slightly as we go down to my room and she sits in my chair as I go in the bathroom. Once I'm done I set it on the counter and I wash my hands before I open up the door again.

"Are you just late? Or is there more?" She asks as I go sit on my bed.

"Well I also have a really bad headache and I'm nauseous and I have a fever." I say as she nods, crossing her legs.

"It's probably just a coincidence, haven't you been really stressed lately?"

"I mean yeah with the whole Pedri thing that happened I was really stressed, and a few days before that I was burnt out and that caused stress." I mumble.

"You can miss one because of stress, it's happened to me before. You'll be okay." She whispers as I lean back, staring up at the ceiling.