thirty eight

"Let's go on more dates maybe, I'm getting sick of seeing certain guys all of the time." I say as he pays the bill after he grabbed my wallet from me, stuffing it in his coat pocket.

"Are you already asking me on another date?" He questions as he looks at me.

"Hey, I'll take it back, so don't make me friend zone you again."

"Oh, whatever." He mumbles with a smile as he stands up. "Second date right now?" He asks with a sly smile as he puts his hand on my back.

"Mm, what are you thinking?" I whisper as we walk out of the restaurant.

"Art museum." He smiles as I look at him nodding briefly before we walk down the street.

I look at my phone briefly and I begin laughing, "Pablo just said they had to go out for dinner because G burnt something and the smoke alarms were going off." I say as I put it back in my bag and he scoffs.

"Yeah, it's official, he's hopeless." He jokes as we walk in the doors.

"Give me my wallet." I say as I turn to him and he shakes his head.

"I'm paying." He shrugs as he grabs out his wallet.

"You covered dinner, let me pay for this." I say as I begin reaching in his pocket and he grabs my wrist.

"Nope, you get it back when we're home." He says as he grabs cash out of his wallet and I stand behind him with my arms crossed as he gets tickets.

"You think we're too dressed up to be here?" I question as we make our way down a hallway.

"Tate, everyone is dressed up." He whispers as I start looking at people, and he's right.

Everyone is dressed up.

We cover the whole back side of the museum before we start going down smaller hallways with paintings and I separate from him slightly as I look at everything. I really do love paintings, and to think this wasn't even my idea. At least we were dressed the part.

"God, look how beautiful this all is." I say as I stare at the painting in front of me.

"Astonishing." He says quietly. I turn my head to look back at him and he's standing with his arms crossed, staring at me and I feel my face heat up.

I face the painting again and I clear my throat, walking down the hallway to the next room. "I was talking about you by the way." He calls out and I nod.

"Yep, I'm aware." I say as I turn to look back at him and he has his phone out, taking pictures of me. "Stop." I laugh as I hold my hand to block my face and he shakes his head no.

"Candid." He says as he takes a few steps back, crouching.

"Pedri you're going to get us kicked out, you can't have your phone out." I say as I walk over to him and he moves his phone away before I can grab it.

"Stop, let me just take these. I need a new Lock Screen." He mumbles as I cross my arms, looking at him. "Ooh cute, she's feisty." He adds as I roll my eyes.

"Excuse me, can you please put your phone away?" A security guard asks as he walks up to Pedri.

My eyes drift from the security guard to Pedri and he smiles. "My bad." He says sweetly as he walks over to me and the security guard gives a little nod before we walk into the next room.

"You're so dumb." I mumble as I walk away from him. He catches up to me and pulls his phone out again, looking at the photos of me. "Pedri, stop." I whisper as I push his phone down and he shakes his head no.