sixty

Isabelle and I are sitting in silence on the couch waiting for the guys to come home. Lani and Indi both went home because Indi was going on another date with Ale, and Lani was just tired.

I stare at the tv, even though it's off and I hear the car doors outside opening and then closing. I turn to look at the door, waiting for them to come in and moments later they do. Gavi immediately goes to his room and Isabelle sighs as she stands up. "I'm going to go check on him." She mumbles as I nod.

Ale, Pablo and Ansu then come in as they're chatting and I give ale a look as he narrows his eyes at me. He knows I know.

Jude walks in as he's paying attention to only his phone and he goes upstairs immediately, not once looking up from his phone. Weird.

Finally Pedri comes in and he gives me a look before he walks down to my room. I get off the couch as I follow him, and he's sitting on my bed as I close the door. "Can I see?" I question quietly as he stands up, turning around before taking off his shirt.

I take a step closer to him as the cleat marks are now surrounded by bruises and he sucks in a sharp breath when my fingers trace over one of them. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry." I whisper as he shakes his head, turning around.

"No, it's okay." He says as he turns around, taking hold of my hands. "It'll probably feel fine tomorrow, just hurts really bad right now."

"Here, come on." I say as he quickly puts his shirt back on and we leave my room. "Go lay on the couch." I say as I go to the freezer, grabbing some ice packs before going over to him.

I sit down and he moves so his head is in my lap and one of his hands goes on my thigh, tracing shapes before I lay them down on his back and he squeezes my thigh as he takes a deep breath. "Sorry." He mumbles as he relaxes his grip on my leg.

"Do you want to help me make dinner tonight?" I question as I begin playing with his fingers.

"Mhmm." He hums.

"What should we make?"

"We could always make some pizza or something. I feel like the guys would like that." He says quietly as my other hand goes to the back of his head, playing with his hair.

"Ale won't be here for dinner, but I think everyone else should be." I say and he hums as a response.

Jude comes downstairs and he puts on his shoes as I turn to look at him. "Where are you going?" Pedri questions.

"Going to dinner with my mom and Jobe, they came to the game today." He shrugs as I frown.

"I want to see them." I say as he shakes his head.

"Nope, sorry." He says as he leaves the house.

"I want to see Denise." I mumble as Pedri laughs. "He's gatekeeping his mom which is rude because he texted mine."

"Just text Denise. You're probably her favorite." He suggests as I shrug.

"That's actually so true." I say as I pull out my phone, holding it out so Pedri can also see it. He moves his head back slightly as I text her.

Tate
Hi Denise!
I heard you and Jobe came to the game today, after dinner you two should definitely come see the house

Denise
So good hearing from you honey!
But Jobe and I didn't come to the game today

Tate
You're not in Barcelona?

Denise
Nope, we're in Birmingham, Jobe had a game

Tate
Your son is a liar.